Would this method of seed germination work?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Dls, Sep 8, 2011.

1. Hi there, I am new to growing marijuana. My mate has given me a few seeds and I have germinated this way.

I've folded layers of tissue paper, wet it with tap water and folded it. I've placed 1 seed in the crease, and folded it once so both sides of the seed can absorb water through both sides the tissue paper. I've then put that into zip-lock sandwich bag, so it stays moist.

2. yea just make sure your towel is damp, but not dripping wet. Quite a few people germ in a similar method. I did mine pretty much the same, but put my towels in a small tupperware container.

3. Seeds need air to grow so don't seal the bag shut.

4. I've unzipped the zip-lock bag half way.

5. [quote name='"Jellyman"']Seeds need air to grow so don't seal the bag shut.[/quote]

They don't need air for the first 24 hours.. in my experience they don't need it at all. Until they are ready to be put into my medium.

This is just your opinion right?

I just put it in a damp paper towel and seal up the zip lock baggie and either put it on top of my heated xbox or in a drawer. Somewhere dark.

6. I do the same thing except I use dinner plates instead of a zip lock bag.

7. i soak mine in water. water temps80 till they sink once they sink i put in rockwool and they next day or sooner most of the time they pop up out of rockwool once the get there first set of true leaves i put in my hydro system right now i got some i started on the 25 of last month and they are almost 8 inches tall with 10 sets of leaves the only ones that didnt grow that good were the og kush but kush grow slower anyways so try the soaking in water till they sink way better then paper towel