Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Would this closet be a good place to grow?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by AlphaOmega420, Nov 8, 2013.

1. I have like 2 big ass attic closests in my room, heres a pic of one of them:

[​IMG]

It goes along about 11 feet, but im worried the stench will reek up the entire house, would this be the case?

Also would there be enough ventilation for the plants considering air flow and everything?

[​IMG]

2. Yea they would work fine. I would not sweat ventilation if temps are not too high..A small fan or too is good. bigger areas are nice to grow in not a wimpy little cabinet. nice air movement is all you need.

Smell? well I have a legal medical grow blooming and yea my whole house reeks like a skunk shit all over it, at harvest time its worse. The good thing is I dont have to give a fuck about smell.

Can you get legal?

3. I personally don't have a illness that Oregon recognizes for a card (I have a sleep disorder called Delayed Sleep Phase Disorder) but I live with 2 other people who could get a card, just trying to persuade them that I can grow for them :hippie:

About how much would it cost to get a decent grow op going if I don't have anything but some fans? I heard LED grow dense bud but it costs more right?

4. #5 snoopdog6502, Nov 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2013
    screw LED ,it may be cool but its a waste of time for a new grower.

cost. If you can get clones thats cool or find good seed. price unknown at this point.

$150-$250 for a good High pressure sodium light set up in the 400 watt to 1000watt range. I would get the 1,000w dont fuck around.
    get a light from ebay

A bale of soil $40 or a couple bags for $20

Some planters, solo beer cups make nice starters then you hit a dollar store for waste paper baskets for cheep planters.maybe $30 over time.
    Dont blow big bucks on plant food, its a scam, you can make some compost tea thats cheap and works fine.

So for about $200-$300 plus the cost of seed or clones you can grow a lots of personal smoke. that's super cheap in the long run. even after electricity an ounce cant cost me more than $10

5. I don't know why the forum won't let me quote right now

@[member="snoopdog"] - ventilation is important even if temps are low, ventilation is less about controlling temps and more about getting fresh air into the grow area so that your plants can photosynthesize.  Pushing around the same stale air in the area with a fan will lower photosynthesizing rates.  For indoor grows, it's important to have a fan that's pushing air out of the area through that hole where the ventilation is sticking out so that the area has a negative pressure and is constantly pulling fresh air in through the crevices. 

@[member="alpha"] - Before I bought my HPS/MH ballast I did a lot of research about LEDs (almost ended up buying an 1,800 LED light) and learned that the effectiveness in terms of cost comparison to the HPS/MH is just not there yet.  There are LED lights that can grow dense buds, but typically they're on the much higher end of the price range in terms of lighting and if they're not well made with a good heat sink, they can end up failing.   

6. I have to get a light to start light therapy for DSPD and they need to be like 10,000 lux, could those type lights grow bud? would be awesome lol

7. Probably but you need lightning I think. I don't know much about growing. I think you'd be ok.

Is that a mangled dick coming out of the hole in the roof in the second picture?

8. LOL kind of does resemble that doesnt it :p its just some of that red stuffing shit they put to insulate walls and roofing, forgot the name of the stuff

9. It's fiberglass, and that's not something you want to breathe. 

I suggest taking all of it out and vacuuming with a mask on or something before using it as a ventilation system if that is your plan.