Would this be enough light?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Santiago_and_Dunbar, Nov 17, 2019.

1. Apologies if I’ve posted this in the wrong section, I was wondering if anyone would mind helping with my light problems. I’ve got a 2x4 tent with two HLG100 lights, problem is I have three plants so I feel as though I definitely need supplemental lighting at the very least. The plant in the middle is growing much more slowly and I’m sure she’s not getting enough light. I was thinking about a HLG65 in the middle to accompany my two HLG100 on the sides, is this enough?
    Thanks for reading!

2. Do you have pictures of your setup?... Some rearranging or such may save you from buying another light.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sure, here’s a pic, thanks for taking the time to have a look!

Attached Files:

4. I’m also considering that the middle girls growth could be slower for many other reasons, this is my first time. I’ve only just gotten my rh dialed in a few days ago and have seen big improvements already, so definitely a contributing factor. Could be genetics, too, but probably more likely a mistake (or a few) on my end somewhere.

5. Move lights 3-4” closer. A 4 pack of 120 or 132 would be good. U could blanket canopy better. Rotating plants will help also. If ur looking to fill out the 2x4 canopy more QBs will be best

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thanks, I’ll give that a try. I’ve gotten them down to 18” just two days ago, so I’ll go 2” today and 1-2” tomorrow, thanks again!

7. Lights moved closer (a bit more than the 2” originally planned, lol oh well, if no ill effect is seen I see no reason why I shouldn’t keep them here), any other suggestions more than welcome!

Attached Files:

8. To really cover your whole space you should be looking at another light. The lowest wattage per square foot is about 30 I like to have at least 40 watts per square foot. Another one of the 100s would get you there. Or a qb 96v2 is on sale for $69 or so one of these in between your 100s would be great.
    One of these QB96 Elite V2 Engine with one of these HLG-185H-54A MEAN WELL USA Inc. | Power Supplies - External/Internal (Off-Board) | DigiKey
    200 watts of some of the best light available for $130

• Like Like x 1
  9. Awesome, thanks for that. I’ll likely go with another 100 as I can get it locally.

10. That should do pretty good in there. If you want to get the most out of your lights get a cheap lux meter to set your light levels for each stage of growth. Check this out Converting Lux to PPFD & Measuring Lux with Smartphone

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Thank you! I’m going to follow your advice and get an inexpensive meter, one more toy to play with!

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. My girls have very noticeably improved after lowering the lights, third has been added. Thanks everyone!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  13. Yeah man, looks great, now they don't have to share.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Thanks! I’m glad she can spread out now and live happily.

15. So what's the total cost for the 3 lights?

• Like Like x 1
  16. All in all a bit over 450 USD, I could have built something much better for less money but all in good time. Now when I upgrade I will have some nice supplementals or a good start for a seperate veg tent.