Would this be enough for 4 plants?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Snoop doge, May 28, 2018.

1. Hey. I have 4 plants in enough room to grow them indoors, would this lighting be too overkill or could it work fine? Thanks! Any suggestions on led lightning would be appreciated. Screenshot_20180528-105902.jpg

Sent from my SM-A520W using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. No you would prob need 3 of those get quantum boards

3. Seriously?

4. Yeah that lights trash man amazon is flooded with cheap china lights. Look up quantum boards on this site the grows are really impressive.

• Like Like x 1
  5. What is the true wattage (wall wattage draw) of that LED, it is not 1000w?

6. The true wattage is 1000. I grew before with 300w and it was just 1 plant. Wouldn't this work? I mean I can go quantum boards but I really liked the idea of using one of these lights. Where would I buy those boards?

7. The spread on it isn’t going to cover 4 plants unless your keeping them in 1 gallon pots. Good luck man

• Like Like x 1
  8. I started my grow with a Viparspectra 600 and added some QB120's in 3000k because after reading most of the LEDs on the market (they will produce buds) aren't strong enough for an amazing flower. I will be replacing my Viparspectra with a total of 12-16 QB's in a broader spectrum adding 2700k, 3500k and maybe 4000k.

9. The true wattage is not 1000w try to find a spec sheet over the light rather than taking the salesmans word......
    Do you also know the PAR and LUMEN levels?

10. Yeah your right man if it says 1000 Watts it’s prob 1000 Watts. Not a gimmick to get people to buy them.

• Like Like x 1
  11. My Viparspectra 600 isn't a true 600watts it actually runs at about 235watts

12. Look a little deeper into that amazon dispcription and you’ll find the true watts of that light.

13. I see what you mean. It comes as 375w. I don't know if i'm prepared to buy multiple boards, I was just planning on getting an LED and getting through a grow. Well i'm fucked then, thanks for the heads up. Peace!

14. #16 GorillaGherkin, May 28, 2018
    Last edited: May 28, 2018
    How big is your grow space? With the open bulbs it’ll bring heat. Are you able to cool your space properly? I’d also look at a hps fixture that’s a known brand, don’t want it taking a shit on ya n the middle of flower or burning your house down.

15. I would spend the extra and get an HLG, I'm
    Those lights are mainly supplimental, I have two from a 2013 purchase. Having been through the musical chairs of lighting, if you already have these I would pair them with a 600w hps (most efficient) or look at HLG products, im using the 600w quantum, and this is the result so far on two plants.

Horticulture Lighting Group HLG-600H Quantum Board LED Kit V2

Attached Files:

16. Thank you for the time you took to reply. I have already got lights, a 600W HPS + MH bulb! I should have closed this thread if that's a thing, sorry for not updating it.

17. No problems, you'll do good with the 600w, and happy growing!