Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

would this be an safe alternative for a socket?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by sk8rsian, Jan 8, 2012.

1. What's up GC,
    Long story short, I have none of my pieces with me :( I don't even have a socket. So would this pen part be safe for me to use? Ive rinsed it with hot water a few times. I'm planning on using it for a waterfall bong. Safe or not? If not, guess ill just make a carrot chillum :p thanks!

Attached Files:

2. [quote name='"sk8rsian"']What's up GC,
    Long story short, I have none of my pieces with me :( I don't even have a socket. So would this pen part be safe for me to use? Ive rinsed it with hot water a few times. I'm planning on using it for a waterfall bong. Safe or not? If not, guess ill just make a carrot chillum :p thanks![/quote]

Doesnt look safe at all =3

3. Honestly, if you aren't too sure, just use aluminum foil (as much shit as you will get for it). And in my experience those pen caps aren't usually legit metal...

4. Nope, thats not safe, I used to use them every now and again when i first started but the pen cap melts. Its gotta be unsafe

5. Thanks for the much needed advice guys!

6. make a pipe out of an apple, if you use that ur a FIEND!!

7. Make a chillum... Then use the chillum as the bowl for your g bong.

8. READ!! Alright, I had a pen cap once that was metal and wouldnt melt. I used it in a bong.

Burn it a little bit without weed to see if its plastic or metal. If its plastic it will melt (toss it) If it doesn't melt your gold!

9. use a door spring or make one out of wood. some lightbulbs also could work and would be best if you can find a perfectly shaped one. maybe make a corn cob pipe?

10. Just because it doesn't melt doesn't mean the cap isn't an alloy that will release toxins.

I'd be sketch about smoking out of something which I don't know the composition of.

Get yourself a brass or stainless steel socket—$2 at the hardware store.

11. [quote name='"Nikolai90"']READ!! Alright, I had a pen cap once that was metal and wouldnt melt. I used it in a bong.

Burn it a little bit without weed to see if its plastic or metal. If its plastic it will melt (toss it) If it doesn't melt your gold![/quote]

OP If you're stupid enough to follow this advice, if there's a stream of black smoke, it's not safe either.

12. As long you only use once, I dont think it will really cause permanent damage. You'll probably survive although it may not be that good for you.