Would this be a good setup?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Startergrower410, May 15, 2018.

1. Thinking about purchasing next week what are your guys thought about this setup? And could I grow 3 plants with it?
    1B4FD3F6-CA0B-4236-AE3B-DD4A8280F6EC.png

2. I read a lot of good stuff about that light. I find tents seem to be personal preference. If the light doesn't have a fan on it, it may get hotter than you expect. Maybe a larger fan.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. No.

Let folks know your budget, space restrictions, and goals then they can help you.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Okay, will my budget is $100-$250. I want Atleast 2-3 plant but 2 would do. Space would have to be tight just anything that would fit 2 plants top maybe 3. Thanks

5. Oh for goals I was thinking like harvest weight or something to gauge how much space you need to illuminate but that's fine. With a budget of ~$250 I'd save up those pennies a little longer and do it better the first time. Since you didn't give space restrictions I'll recommend a 4'x4' tent for about $100 and a 600w HID fixture for about $150. Then buy a 6" inline fan (like what you linked to but 6" instead of 4".

6. A good 600wt ballast with veg and flower bulb along with a good 6 inch duct fan will eat that budget up and thats just for 2 plants.

7. The seems pretty good setup would that 600w HID veg and flower? And the only reason I’m spending $250 on a setup is cause I live with my parents and they respect that I’m growing for my personal use so I don’t have to buy but it can’t be anything to big. Also I was hoping 2 plant would get me around 4-5 ounces

• Like Like x 1
  8. That 600w LED only pulls 108 watts. Barely enough to grow one small plant.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Trust me if i had my own place I would be spending $1000-$2500 on a grow setup

10. Ok, if you're only hoping for 4-5 oz then you could get away with a 2x2 tent but if you can fit a 2'x4' tent in your space I think you'd be glad you did.

Yes, the budget HID set up will usually come with both metal halide bulb (MH) for veg and high pressure sodium bulb (HPS) for flower. A 600w HID would be too much for a 2x2 space, in my opinion, but it would work in a 2x4 space and you'd never be wishing you had more light like you would with one of those off brand LEDs. You can still go with LED but you'll need to do some more digging around so you don't waste your money.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Read up everything in the link below. Don't bother with the CFLs or other chump lighting.

www.growweedeasy.com

Don't buy gear until you have a plan that makes sense for your situation. But up rather than skimp. Growing is a long process and it'll be a waste of time and money if you're working with a bad setup.

• Like Like x 1
  12. get a 600w mh/hps and build around that. Buy the light and make do with everything else. Autos don't need a tent.

• Like Like x 1
  13. I’m looking into 600w mh/hps but I need a tent cause I still live with my parents and they don’t want the house smelling like weed, and I gotta respect that

14. Alright man, thanks a lot!

15. Oh shit well if your parents don't want to smell the weed you're going to have to buy yourself a decent carbon scrubber kit. Personally I think you should hold off a few more months and save up. Growing properly indoors, nothing fancy...just doing it right, isn't a poor man's game.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. I know that I would have to get a carbon filter but I was thinking about to veg my plant for 2 months so while that time I could just put it in when I change to flower since it when the smell gets way stronger right?

Ps - I work full time so I got like $200 to spare every week for this grow if my parents allow me haha