Would this be a good place for Aerogardners to look?

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Hank Alvarez, Nov 20, 2010.

1. #1 Hank Alvarez, Nov 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2010
    We seem to be the uninvited bastard child with chicken pox at the family picnic. The A/G is definitely a micro growing system. We're active hydroponics growers by virtue of our little pump and our reservoir only holds 112 ounces according to my wife's measuring cup.

Our two round lamps on the standard seven holes model are mounted on an adjustable arm/light stand that only elevates to twelve inches. You can opt to buy an up grade kit that has a taller arm/light stand that elevates to 24 inches and it has three flat higher intensity CFL's.

In a lot of respects we're stealthy, at least in the sense that we don't make a lot of noise and we're a lot more compact than any other system I've seen. We're not aeroponic in the strictest sense of the word and we can only grow two to three plants. Our low pressure pump allows us to 'drip' our nutrients down on our roots until they reach the reservoir and then we're basically a DWC. Yet we can produce a surprisingly good crop for a single patient in a reasonable amount of time.

The problem is that we have challenges that are unique to the Aerogarden but no designated place to commiserate like there are with other internet sites. I really think if they gave us a sub-heading here there would be enough A/G growers participation to make it worth what ever effort the site administrator had to go through. I know this is true at another web site.

2. Sorry, but Aerogaradens are not aeroponic systems according to the most accepted definition. We don't use high pressure pumps and sprayers. Ours are an adaptation of drip irrigation over a DWC.