would this be a good job?

Discussion in 'General' started by Da_Jtac_0, Oct 1, 2008.

1. i always wanted to do something that got me out of the office but recently i was thinking of becoming a defense attorney and helping the people that are getting fucked by the law. what i wanna know is is it an exciting job and how much time is actually spent in the courtroom defending people. i know there will be some office time which i dont like but if a good percent is in the courts i could enjoy that. also could i get high as long as i didn't do it before the courtroom. i also want to be a pot friendly lawyer. so if it pans through look me up in jersey.

i'm a senior in high school

2. How many innocent people do you really think you'll be defending?

3. man im in law school and to tell you the truth no one is innocent

4. of course thats what they tell you in law school. otherwise the legal system wouldn't work.

but as a defense attorney, just wait till you get your first guy who really did the crime off the hook. i bet you'll feel real great!<sarcasm>

5. This is really really bad information.

6. Whaaaaa?

7. Let's see, do you like to read tons of textbooks? Reading, reading, reading? Writing tons? Do you adore paperwork? Can you afford the tuition?
    Are you ass-holy enough? lol

Then this job may be for you!

8. I hate to let you (OP) down, but that's pretty much what being a lawyer is like.

9. Unless the charge was position.

10. Position isn't illegal

• Like Like x 1

11. Ha that made me laugh! :D

12. [​IMG]

"Defense attorneys distort the facts. They twist evidence. They will not only go to the mat for their clients, they will take that mat and toss it out the window as far as they can. They are not bound by the truth. They are bound to obfuscate it if it serves to get their clients acquitted. And they should be commended for it, and it is what makes the system work." - Jack McCoy

13. being a defense attourney is hard for many reasons. heres the hardest....

You most likely will be defending people that you know are guilty. that doesnt mean weed crimes man.....im talking rapists and pedophiles and shit. you got to defend em. FUCK THAT

14. i really want to be a pot friendly lawyer and defend people who got fucked by corrupt laws.
    but the thought of defending guilty people and screwing over the people they screwed over by letting them off the hook makes me sick.

15. Well, 95% of the time, if your client is guilty and there's evidence to prove it, all the defense does is negotiate a plea. They still get punished most of the time, but their sentence has been reduced.