Would this be a decent starter car?

Discussion in 'General' started by Burnoutt, May 12, 2012.

1. Just make sure to ask for the Car fox!

2. It does look too good to be true but then I got a 87' 300E Mercedes Benz for only $2000 too also. It runs smoothly and no plm ever since. Planning on repainting it to black with gold trimmings, all new leathers and upgrade my stereos.

3. #4 BlazeLE, May 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2012
    automatic v6... i thought you wanted a sports car...

secondly its been riced out... did you look at the tail lights :eek: plus the flat black hood stripe with a magnaflow decal... i would stay away from that car because the previous owner more than likely thought he was in the fast and the furious and probably beat the shit out of that car.

this would be worth the money. http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-1990-Nissan-240SX-s13-W0QQAdIdZ378149529

id take a look at this, its mostly stock but already looks pretty decent, if you got a set of coilovers it would look pretty good. i would try talking him down since most of the parts are more than likely knock offs.

i would buy this. http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-veh...1-Toyota-Soarer-RHD-Manual-W0QQAdIdZ378553643

mine cost $2700 but i have the shitty lexus version with the non turbo 2jz and mines automatic. i would ask to have my mechanic look at it and if it could be fixed for a reasonable price this would be a great car.

4. Lemee refine what I meant. A sporty looking car. :p

I could care less about whether it's actually fast or not. However, you do have a point about the tail lights, and all of that. The Nissan looks pretty solid! Around the top end of my budget so no room to play, but still. Get what you pay for, right? :hello:

5. 2002 Subaru WRX Sedan - Ottawa Cars For Sale - Kijiji Ottawa Canada.

nvm check this out, this will be the absolute best car for the money. AWD turbo 4 banger with plenty of potential. this stock will destroy that automatic v6 mustang you were looking at...

plus they sound phenomenal.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoN3C04LQqI]02 WRX exhaust sound clip - YouTube[/ame]

6. nvm then dont get that subaru, let an enthusiast pick that gem up.

7. Dude, get that subaru, fk I would get it if I was up there

8. i would buy that in a heart beat. but OP only cares about looks so id much rather that car get picked up by an enthusiast rather than someone who just wants a sporty looking car.

edit: nvm its got over 200,000 miles on it.

9. Pretty much have to agree with this. No point in me grabbing a gem like that, when I'm not gonna use it properly. Better to leave it for someone who's actually into that sort of thing. :p

10. no. no. no no no no no no no. no. have i made myself clear? do not get a mustang. no. no. no. no no no no no no no. no. seriously, fuck mustangs. dont be "that guy". no no no no no. please no.

not to mention that mustang is gay as hell, auto v6 and that hood and just...no. no no no no no. no.

11. #12 BlazeLE, May 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2012
    well if you want a sporty looking car thats slow as fuck grab a lexus sc300. i have one and trust me, its exactly what you're looking for. its not fast but it looks like it should be. and its comfortable as hell. plus if its clean with good paint it can easily pass off as a 2000 plus car.

heres mine.
    [​IMG]

i need some coilovers and like $10k so i can make it how i want it. but for a daily driver its great aside from the gas but you were looking at a mustang so im assuming thats not that big of an issue for you.

btw its a 93.

12. Any car that runs is a great car for me.

13. Sorry to say, you have $4000, you don't get to get a sports car....

I would buy a reliable car and buy a 'sports' car when you can earn money for one.

That mustang is going to cost you more than you bargained for, especially a modified one.

14. [quote name='"MaxAmmo"']Sorry to say, you have $4000, you don't get to get a sports car....

I would buy a reliable car and buy a 'sports' car when you can earn money for one.

That mustang is going to cost you more than you bargained for, especially a modified one.[/quote]

I 100% agree with you. Get a car thar will last. Ive never spent more then 3200 on a car and theyve all lasted me for 4+ years. You just have to look for a good one. Plus if you get a "sports" car your insurance will be a lot higher