Would these CFL's grow marijuana?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by BudBrownies, Dec 28, 2012.

1. #1 BudBrownies, Dec 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2012
  2. using a socket Adapter with a direct plug-in wall socket....I would use an extension cord to hang my lights.

I saw a grow like this on youtube, $10 for lights, $5 for socket adapters and I have cords...

I'm getting really geeked up, now someone come and slash and dash my hopes...

3. Yes you can Veg with those lights (6500k) but youll need 2700k for the proper spectrum in flowering

4. Would I need to replace all the 6500k with 2500k during flowering? And would I use the same wattage just with 2500k?

5. If you're going CFL I would get 2-3 lights for each plant.

150 Watt equivilent CFL's are what I use. Just keep the lights close to the plants. 1-3 inches or so.

6. What about my previous question

7. You can probably veg with the 3 lights you have, however i would buy ATLEAST one more cause those are only 23w bulbs. You will definitely want to add more lights in flowering, atleast (6) 23w CFL 2700K spectrum bulbs! Otherwise your pretty much wasting your time and money for nearly nothing.

VEG= 6500k
    Flower=2700k

8. Yes you want to use 2700k and a minimum of 100-150w of lighting for flowering per plant. You can keep 1 or 2 of your 6500s on for a broader spectrum and more lighting. The more lumens, the better harvest!