Would ones '' political'' beliefs stop you from being a friend to '' said person,?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by chicken, Feb 4, 2011.

1. this is stupid. the choices "no" and "i dont judge people based on thier political beliefs" are the same

and you spelled their wrong
    :wave:

2. I like this question posed in the political thread area, i have often wondered this about people. Seems like many individuals in couples tend to think differently than their significant other.

3. don't start on chickens grammar and spelling...there lies the path to insanity.

4. No way.

It may change certain perceptions I have about the person, but it doesn't outweigh the other shit we may have in common or good the person offers.

5. As for the questiom, of course it would. I couldn't be friends with a conservative. They're all complete idiots!

JK.

6. If this person never shut up about bullshit that has been thoroughly debunked, I don't care what they believe, that's irritating and I would not find any time to spend with them. If they never shut up about what someone said during a verbal fart (misspeaking) or always spew bullshit about what someone said in their sleep in 1962, that's irritating and they can take a long walk. If they merely disagree with me on occasion, I wouldn't let that get in the way of friendship. I'll vote both yes and no if i can.

7. I should've picked the last question.

Even though I don't show it, I think Chicken is a good guy at heart. I obviously have completely different views than him, but that wouldn't stop me from sharing a swisher sweet with him.

8. Only if they couldn't support their views with any evidence other than "thats how I was raised" or "it's just what I think" or "It's just not right/wrong" or "Its obvious"

9. No...

I would still fuck that Palin ass if i had the chance...:)

10. This political dividedness is much less of an issue here than it is in America. I have friends with all kinds of political views.

Obviously political views based on rasism don't sit well with me and I couldn't be friends with a racist because I would probably get in too many fights with him.

11. it depends on the person,situation etc etc

my bf has different political views than me...not the exact opposite,thou.
    we argue alot..
    but we're together almost 2 years now..

i wanna know why they believe what they do...
    if i wont find any "excuse" or if their views are too "fascist" , "leftish" or if they are involved with some certain groups/organizations...
    i wont be friends..at all.

an ex dealer of mine was involved in such a group.the moment i found out was the last ive seen of him.

i have friends who dont wanna get involved at all with politics, saying it doesnt worth it and they just wanna live their lives etc etc...
    we are still friends but i do judge them..

so it depends...

12. If you're a fascist, I probably don't want anything to do with you. Everything else is whatever.