Would miracle gro performance "organic" potting mix be good alternative to fox farms?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by autisticzoomer96, Apr 22, 2019.

1. I just bought miracle gro performance organic potting mix and I was wondering if this would be a cheap store alternative to fox farms soil. That and I am also thinking of applying this nutrient granuals to is as soon a single transplant my seedlings to their 2.5 buckets of the soil full of the mgo soil. I also have this bone meal from Lowe's that I was gonna use when I switch the light to flowering for my plants. What do you guys think?[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

2. I used the same soil mixed with a little bit of top soil from Lowe's and my plants are doing great even though my daytime highs are over 100 in my room I will show some pictures

3. 1 650 watt hps 4 plants lst the whole time. 4 plants about 12 in high and super bushy as you see. I haven't fertilized at all I water with the water from my fish tank.dont know the pH. The plants are about 6 or 7 weeks from seed

4. Where you possibly we'll run into a problem is when that stuff is still kicking and you're going into flower and not wanting certain things to kick in like nitro screws you all up

Sent from my SM-G935T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. I veged for 10 weeks now to prevent that plus from what I understand it doesn't have the time release nutes like the other mg organic. Just in case I've been running a shitload of water through the pots with each water for about 2 weeks. plants are looking huge and healthy and I turned my lights back 3 days ago I'll post a new pic tomarrow when the lights are on got my a/c in about 3 weeks ago and everything is right where I want it now. Hard to keep a garden shed cool on a 90 degree day

6. IMG_20190708_184444197.jpg IMG_20190708_184423594.jpg IMG_20190708_183359286.jpg IMG_20190708_183011377_HDR.jpg

Attached Files:

7. #8 killset, Jul 9, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
    Miracle grow will never compare to fox farms. Fox farma can be tailored to your plants needs. With miracle grow organics your plant will be fed everything, everytime you water rather it needs it not. It's very questionable if MG organics are actually organic. A large company like that would be looking to get organic certification to increase sales and sale price. Anyone can put a name on a product. Monsanto is shady enough to manipulate its advertising. Like the word performance. Performance to me means something fast.....theres nothing fast about organic products. That's why miracle grow has added some water release bs to their product. That bone meal for example takes time to break down and become available for the plant. Theres alot of question around rather bone meal is truelly organic or not also. All it would take is for one of the animals to have been fed an un-organic diet or hormone and it wouldnt be truelly organic. That would take a lot of documentation to prove. That's why I stopped using bone meal. If that's not important to you then use it but know it wont be readily available until it breaks down.

8. I'm using that soil with the matching nutrients...this is only my 3rd attempt at growing so what do u guys think?

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  9. So when ur soil is dry ready to water or feed, do this
    Take a large shot glass of soil from ur plant and the same amount of distilled water and put in a cup. Stir around. Than put one meter in and get a reading. Than the other. So that will give u the true pH of ur soil. The ppms will tell u if ur plants are eating ur feeds or if they are hungry. So if I get a reading of 350 or under I feed. If it's over 350 i water. It's just that simple!
    Doing a slurry could tell u what that soil is doing. U should have like 200 ppms or less

10. Look good flower is where u can run into problems. Get a ppm meter and u will know for sure

11. IMG_20190723_103723115.jpg IMG_20190723_103723115.jpg

Attached Files:

12. Turned lights back 3 weeks ago coming along same as usual plants look great