Would like to set up a continuous 2 week harvest

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Covah, Sep 4, 2012.

1. I currently have my first grow ever in a 4x4x7 tent, with 600w cool tube light.
    There's 8 total plants in about week 6 of flowering.

What I would like to achieve is 24 total plants, and have a continuous harvest every 2 weeks, cutting maybe 2-4 plants each time.

I understand I will need a veg room, so I'm willing to invest in a separate tent, and separate light, ballast, etc.

I would like to keep 4 mother plants in the same veg room ( so 4 mother and 20 other plants, including veg and flowering clones).

My question is, since I still have my first grow w/ 8 total plants how do I time the entire process to have a continuous 2 week harvest. Should I start now with 4 mothers and 12 clones?
    Or wait until my current harvest is cut (about 4) weeks, and start with 24 fresh plants?

Again, this is my first time growing, thanks in advance for input.

-Covah

2. #2 crushya80, Sep 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2012
    Covah,

I would start establishing mums, i dont know if you only have those 8 flowering plants, but i would first establish some mothers. Depending on how much you are trying to yield each pull will determine how many plants you will want flowering at a time.

I have never done a continuous grow, but may be able to help..once you've established mums, take clones --> veg-->flower, if you are using a mom (which has a single phenotype) you will know the flowering period and will be similar across all clones, so this will allow you to time out your crops precisely. What I would do is take 2 clones, root em, and veg for 2 weeks, then throw them into flower. when you are about to change them into 12/12, i would take another 2 cuts and root / veg them. As long as you take cuttings in 2 week increments, you should have a harvest approx. every 2 weeks :hello:

hope this helped.:wave: