Would like to grow a plant outside next year (midwest)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by halitzor, Sep 17, 2009.

1. So basically what I want to do is find a nice secluded spot and plant one maybe 2 girls. I will probably only check on them at night once a month or so. I grow indoors so this would jsut be bonus bud....

Anyway has anyone done this in the midwest? Are the particular places I should look for? specific directional facing slopes or anything?

What is the typical growing season for the midwest / ohio valley would you say?

Thanks guys

2. I live in michigan and have a few harvests. Plants do fine here, I germinate my plants inside in april, move them outside in may, harvest in early october.

Hope that helps,

Rtlshred

3. Yeah it does thanks. Do you have better results germinating and vegging indoors than you do starting from seed outside?

4. Yeah since in the Midwest ya usually cant put them out till may...so I personally start April fools for good luck harvest in Oct....if god lets the weather be nice...I really wish someone knew and would tell if a first frost would damage badly thre plants or is it better to risk if they arent fully mature and let them finish...but as far as I know not a deep frost and its ok deep frost and its no good.?...?

5. I'm in ohio myself partner & the way they send the copters through here I'm kind of leary about growing outside(4 -5 busts this september),not because I'm worried about getting caught but because of all the wasted time & effort,not to mention the minimal investment.So for me the first consideration is stealth(outside?) & then the rest follows.As to your question though,it would be best to gem inside & then move your plants outside right around april & no later then early may.

6. I'm going to start looking for a hidden local place I might be able to plant one. I'm not going to be paying much attention, basically set and forget and hope I get a harvest. If not, oh well.