Would it stay or fade?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by TobieTobie, Jun 4, 2009.

1. #1 TobieTobie, Jun 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2009
    Hello there, GC Community.

I was wondering where to put this thread because it sort of related to a toking tool, yet on a personal level. So I decided to put it here.

Well, I am at a time of my life where I've been meeting many different people. Good, bad, neutral, and all that good stuff.

I toke here and there, mostly on a weekend basis due to my ever so annoying drug tests.

Since my last pipe got stolen from me (My beautiful Baby Marley), I was thinking of investing in a newer, and better pipe because smoking out of homemades just makes me feel unsafe in a home session because I would rather bring my homemade pipes rather than glass to where I would always go, due to my worry of it getting stolen, etc.

I would also like to make my pipe a memoir.
    Some people would think this is stupid, but really, when you're young, the only people you ever want to see or remember are your friends. I understand I won't know them forever, so I feel it would be good to at least have something to know them by.

So what I would like to do is ask my special people sign this pipe with a basic black sharpie.

On the the topic of the title.

Would sharpie stay or fade on account of cleaning the pipe and/or basic use?
    Would it go away when cleaning with iso/salt?
    Would the sharpie rub away on a good thick glass piece due to smoking out of it and my hands making contact?

I would plan on using this glass piece until I can afford a good bong (preferably something within a good 400-600$ price range), and since I am currently in school I don't have time to be making that kind of money, studying my major, and buying weed at the same time. So lets say a few years or so. Then the pipe would be at a moderate use.

Thanks guys.
    Happy toking :smoking:

2. sharpie will wash of with the first iso/salt cleaning. You might want to try a paint pen style marker that will rub off over time.

3. Might you please suggest a good type of pen that would last, exaggeratingly, a lifetime? :)

4. I have an idea! Use any plain paint marker, then cover up all holes so that you only get the outside, and spray it with a good strong paint sealer. (That is after everyone signs it.)

5. I see, that is a great idea.
    I was thinking of usng those Sanford Uni Paint markers at Office Max Sanford Uni Paint PX-20 Markers
    But where can I get a good paint sealer that you think would work very well?
    I mean, I know I can get a good paint sealer at most hardware stores, but what do you think would work best?