would it be safe to smoke out of

Discussion in 'General' started by HerbIsGood, May 4, 2009.

1. a brass connector? I think its brass. Im not entirely sure.

I went to lowes the other day and got myself one of those brass screw on things (like for garden hoses to connect to the water source..you know..) and I lit it today (not with any weed just lit it under a lighter) and some black funny smelling smoke came from it. Im sure I dont wanna be smoking that so Im wondering if its safe to smoke (like if I tried to light the weed instead of the actual metal part.)

2. Just go to a smoke shop and buy a $10 glass pipe.

The only reason for someone to make a pipe out of a brass piece from lowes is if you're < 18 imo.

3. You should cover it with foil and poke holes, that doesn't sound healthy...

4. That's just as bad.

5. well that brass is coated with volatile/toxic chemicals, and brass smoke, from what i would understand, is toxic as well.

just go buy a glass piece man.

6. #6 supersmoker38, May 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2009

haha foil is just as unhealthy go buy a pipe they cost like 10 bucks

7. Foil's OK to use. There's a study that was posted here a few months ago that said smoking is okay and doesn't give you Alzheimer's like people thought

8. Brass cant be any worse. Just dont make a habit of it. You should avoid both though

9. Yeah I haven't had much money lately to buy anything but groceries and my last bunch of weed for the week or so.

Honestly I didnt even know I could buy a 10 dollar piece, I thought they all started around 20 (smoke shops around here seem expensive). I'll go searching for a cheap one tomorrow maybe

10. Every glass shop around here sells at least a few $10 spoons. They aren't fancy, but they're glass and will definitely get the job done.

Don't risk it with brass or aluminum - aluminum heated up does produce gas, but the effects really aren't known because most people aren't heating up aluminum and inhaling it.