Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Would It be safe to smoke out of this?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Skorpian, Aug 25, 2012.

1. So I found this at a yard sale and was going to make a bong from it as its cheap and sturdy. But I read somewhere if the plastic burns and you inhale the smoke its really bad for you. Is this true? Thanks for any info you guys can give me. Cheers!

[​IMG]

2. I can't imagine that inhaling the fumes from plastic would be healthy for you...

3. Safe? Yeah, you won't die or get sick from it.
    Healthy? Nope but it's not going to be extremely damaging.
    I'd just buy glass or some papers or blunts..

4. Ohh alright thanks man

5. Yes, inhaling fumes from burning plastic is not ideal.

But in terms of using it as a bong, should be fine. Just dont light up the plastic. People have been using water bottles to make bongs for years, so this would be no different.

6. this would probably be better than a water bottle, thicker plastic that's sturdier.

7. is cancer bad for you? wont kill you but plastic degrades and breaks into small pieces from UV radiation (light). those can have mutagenic properties (can lead to cancer). not going to kill you over night, but I would not smoke out of it for a year

8. id use it