Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Would it be possible to decarb by doing this?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by DeadEmbryonicCell, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Would it be possible to decarb weed by sunlight? I recently got this idea by accidentally leaving my grinder out in direct sunlight (I live in a legal state) on my back patio and nearly burned my hand when I tried to retrieve it. Realizing how hot it got, I got the idea that maybe I could decarb weed this way but decided to ask and see if anyone else has tried this and their experience before I stupidly waste perfectly good bud. Is it a good idea or not?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Well I did not try it out but I could not imagine that this will work out the way you want it. I mean your bud needs to be heated above 100 °C/212 °F to activate the THC-A (I think it was 160 °C/320 °F) so it is becoming THC (concept of a vaporizer). But if you try it let us know how it went. You made me curious :love-m3j:

3. Build yourself a solar oven and it's definitely possible.
    It might work in your grinder but not reliably, I wouldn't risk it with buds that I payed for, you're most likely to turn the buds to dust and not convert the thca to thc.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Certainly it would work, but the temperature needs to be measured and a time figured out. I can see where it might come in handy for an impromptu edible on a camping trip.

5. Why wouldn't you just use an oven?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. I thought the same thing, but then I thought why be negative? This could come in handy one day.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Weed does naturally decarb over time but it's a rather slow process and since we want the same effects from a given dosage it's best to control this step to insure it's fully decarbed-activated.
    I've been making hash-coconut oil caps for many years and have screwed it up enough times to know what works and what doesn't.
    Short-incomplete decarb gives you a very short length ride and wastes material.
    240 F for 40 minutes is the best temp-time for decarb.
    It's what I settled on over 5 years ago.
    BNW

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1