Would it be ok to super crop two weeks into flower

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by BudBill2388, Jan 27, 2012.

1. I miss calculated and my plant is gonna be to tall for my tent.. You think super cropping it now would stress it to bad???

2. There would be stress which will lead to some loss of yield, however, it would not be fatal. If at all possible, tie the tops down very gently and just give it a little more of a tug every day. The tops will need to point down, not up :)

keylime

3. Instead of Supercropping can you train it to be lower? If not and you have to supercrop for space it will be okay. It will stress the plant some. I would LST if possible.

4. I will try and tie down when I get home..

5. I have had to do it before, not by choice, but my plants were getting too tall. It worked out fine. I think I helped yield, but I probably added another week to their finish times.

6. Supercropping actually helps yield in the long run. It may lengthen maturation time, but the yield increase is absolutely worth it. When you damage the inner hurd of the plants, it encourages growth and causes the branch to form a sort of knuckle where the supercropping took place. These knuckles supply more nutrients and water, support heavier buds, and overall bring bigger better resin oozing nuggets.

It's funny I saw this because today starts week 3 of time into the switch, and about a week into flowering. I did a full round of supercropping today pinching every branch and the main stem every 2 centimeters. It's safe to say they drooped pretty terribly, but that's to be expected. Something to not expect is any upward growth in the next week, and little bud development. However, during week 3 I will be looking for a BURST of growth.

I'm using GH cocotek coco with a drip system and a 12 gallon res, the girls get fed every 4 hours for 3 minutes and a good amount of runoff comes out. The seeds were rogues from a few different bags but 3 beautiful females are rocking right now. The rate of growth is phenominal.

Anyways you will do well to supercrop your babies, just as always don't overdo it and be ready to wait maybe another week to chop them. Happy Growing ~23

7. Its not unhear of but not recommended it was to be done 2 weeks before flower to give it recouperation time..