Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Would it be correct to say..

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by ShockeD, Dec 21, 2010.

1. That all potential dangers of long-term marijuana use can be eliminated by using a vaporizer?

(ie, lung cancer, smokers cough..)

2. Long term smoking...
    Well using a vaporizer is the healthiest way to go.
    But it doesn't take away past damage?
    It only ensures a safe high...
    But if you already have lung cancer (not likely... unless cigs are involved)

3. Well, you don't get the dangers of smoking, because you're not smoking, you're vaporizing.

4. edibles are your safest bet

5. I suppose you're still inhaling some amount of heat...

6. You can't get cancer by smoking a normal, realistic amount of weed in your lifetime, can you?:confused:

7. It's not smoke though, it's vapor. The dangers of smoking come from the smoke itself, heat it just a byproduct of the burning of the weed.

8. Lol yeah you definitely can. The carcinogenic smoke causes the cancer, not the chemicals in the bud itself.

9. Vaporizers are the way i use mine everyday and i don't have a mad cough or anything.
    You defiantly notice a difference

10. dont spread this misinformation!!!!
    it is true that CERTAIN carcinogens cause cancer but the carcinogens found in marijuana smoke aremany of the same found in fruits and vegetables but NONE are radioactive which is needed to cause cancer...ciggarette smoke has many more carcinogens and many are radioactive which is why many cigarette smokers end up with cancer down the line...

op to answer your question, vaping is safer than smoking. period. well, as long asyou have a quality vape and not some china pos:hello:

11. #11 hurb1, Dec 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2010
    People just dont understand. No there are no proven cases of anyone developing cancer from smoking cannabis. Yes there are carcinogens, tars, and bad things in pretty much any smoke including cannabis.DUH! HOWEVER there is a magical thing going on in that smoke that contains THC which is anti carcinogenic. SO the THC is cancelling out the carcinogens and people just arent getting cancer from this shit. If they were we wouldnt be watching dumbass commercials about pot where the best they can come up with is a fuckin stoner running over some kid on a bike at a drive thru. Dont you think this would be more convincing:"hey if you smoke this stuff its been proven to CAUSE cancer so you shouldnt do it" Nope, they show commercials about eggs in frying pans wtf?

Oh and about that stupid drive thru commercial. Im sure the dude managed to drive miles on roads with traffic to get there no problem. But He just cant handle accelerating from 0 - 5mph without running someone over at a drive thru. And wtf is a kid on a bike doing in front of a drive thru ive never seen that scenario in my life. Not to mention the lil bitch should of looked both ways before crossing. You dont listen to momma now you die by a crazed stoner at mcdonalds

12. What you don't understand, let's say I smoke cigs and weed. Daily. I get cancer. You automatically attribute the cancer to cigarettes. You have no proof for, nor against. 'Hurp durp no proven cases' get out of here with your fallacies.

13. What you don't understand, let's say I smoke weed. Daily. I don't get cancer.

Herpidy derp derp

14. Lets just say i smoke weed and weed only and i dont get cancer. Oh wait nobody has ever done that in recorded history. Please excuse me i am a dumbass.

15. That "commercial" is a sketch from Chappelle's Show, my man. lol

16. The odds of getting cancer are vanishingly small from smoking cannabis. However, long term smoking of cannabis can cause some diminished lung capacity. Smoke is, to a certain extent, smoke, and your lungs were not meant to inhale smoke on a regular basis. Blunt smokers in particular are adding damage from the nature of blunt wraps.

I'm not saying don't smoke. I vape a lot but I still smoke a lot too because I enjoy it. I'm just saying that if you're going to do something do it with both eyes open and don't kid yourself about potential risks. Smoking anything at all is bad and causes cumulative damage over time.

17. You're not gonna get cancer unless you smoke stoges or excessive amounts of blunts. Edibles are the safest way to enjoy cannabis though. Smoke, no matter what kind it is, is by nature harmful to your lungs.

18. there is not one case of cancer cause by it. I'm sure eating too many tomatoes can cause cancer but realistically, its not gunna happen

19. #19 hurb1, Dec 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2010
    Its said at this time that you have about a 1 in 3 chance of developing cancer in your lifetime. THats WITHOUT enganging in any high risk activities. Probobly because of the toxic shithole we live in. You might as well just count on it and do what you wanna do before you die. 1 in 3 aint my kind of odds if im going to go through the trouble of living a healthy lifestyle.Which is pretty much impossible now anyway. Im just sayin due to this fact its silly to argue about somthing that has never been proven by any science to cause cancer. Even though governments spent so much time looking into this plant in hopes of getting their hands on some true propoganda to back up this nonsense about safeguarding you from a plant. Life has a higher risk of causing cancer than life smoking cannabis i bet. As dumb as that makes me sound. Studies have shown cannabis use reduces the incidence of cancer in tobacco smokers. Thats amazing. Its all about that thc.

To answer the question... i forgot the original question o well