would i look stupid with dreads?

Discussion in 'Fashion & Lifestyle Trends' started by docleary, Sep 28, 2010.

1. :eek:

IT DOES RUN IN THE FAMILY!

oh shit. well, what am i looking for in the crown area, or about my temples?

2. no, you wouldn't look stupid.. I think they'd suit ya!

3. take a look at the other quote - don't know if i'm gonna risk it.

4. #25 jonnyplayer, Sep 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2010
    the people I know who have dreads look at it as a life statement, almost a religion. They don't care what they look like. My friend wishes he could have as much hair as the dude in the pic but will never shave them off. He does however wear a knit cap most of the time. If you are not to this point it may not be for you. Nothing worse than a wannabe hippie. Either live the life or don't

5. they do care, otherwise they wouldn't put the effort into dreading their hair.

and who are you to say i'm a wannabe hippie?

6. Your hair looks cool now, and this way you can keep growing it if you want!

Dreads would look cool too, BUT once you get them theres no turning back lol :smoke:

7. Who are you to decide who lives a lifestyle of any sort yet alone a "hippie" one?

8. It's just a hair style, it doesn't have to mean anything more than that. :confused_2:

Honestly most of the people I know with dreads just think of it as a form of self-expression just like tattoos, the clothes you wear, or any other hair style.

Most of the people I've met who think of it as something more than that are just stuck-up suburbanites trying to make themselves sound like their life has more meaning than yours because they dreaded their hair. :rolleyes:

9. I dunno bro. You're long hippy like hair looks awesome. I probably wouldn't get dreads. But it's up to you. You would look good either way IMO.

10. For real your hair is fucking awesome as it is

11. damn i should set up a poll with three options; dread it, you would look like a tool, and leave it alone.

12. honestly, you would look like you're trying super hard to be "cool stoner dude".

13. u would look like such a wook

14. #36 docleary, Sep 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2010
    i don't see how dreading my hair would do that any worse than my current hair style. i think about that at times, when in reality, i always thought having curly hair was bad ass and then i just let it grow out a bit longer than usual.

i love my hair a lot, and don't want to cut it. figured this is one way i could change my hair up a bit without a hair cut. :eek:

i actually had to google "wook".

15. :hello::D:):smoke:

16. you don't look like you're trying to be "cool stoner dude" right now. just a dude with kinda long hair.

most people that i've met with dreads are always trying to be that guy. the dude that wants everybody to know that he smokes weed. it's quite annoying.

if you really want dreads, then do it. you don't have to listen to anybody else's two cents.

17. since you're unsure, I would grow it even longer,
    juuust to see how rockin' the blonde(ish) curls can be. you can always dread it later, no? :smoke:

18. excellent idea - that bald/dread pic earlier in the thread freaked me out.