Would "Full Spectrum" 5000k work for full grow?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by PAGreenThumb, Dec 6, 2007.

1. Yeah. It will work, just not as good as it would in flowering because theres not a lot of red. Make sure these "higher intensitie" lights work on a e27 socket, I have a feeling you would be bummed out when you figure out they need mogul sockets and wont screw in right.

Your better off going to HomeDepo and buying a bunch of 42watt n:vision bulbs. I go to homedepo because a certian dr. of thumbs reminded me I could save the recipt and go get a new bulb 4 or 5 months later :)

2. Phew, thanks for reminding me Eye. I'm gonna make sure I get ones that fit into the appropriate socket. Otherwise I can probably rig something up. Either way thats a great point.

EDIT: 2 Seconds later I checked the website and most are E26. Is it just a matter of having the correct socket? If so could someone point me to the lowest cost alternative to a standard socket (e27 apparently) and the socket that I need which is E26 for any CFL >32w on this website.

3. Nice information... I went to the same website and wondering about the socket.

I've seen someone who got like 3 Y-splitter for 26W CFL (??).

If the standard is e27 socket, where should I look for the socket and splitter? I live in canada and looked up all the canadian tire/home depot/walmart and couldn't get one...

Is there any online electric website that I can order from???