Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Would/do you let your kids smoke?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Capnfalconpunch, Dec 28, 2011.

1. If I had children I'd have to make sure they're responsible, good grades staying out of trouble etc. before I'd let them smoke. How about you?

2. Maybe, it depends on where I am raising them. The area is sketchy as fuck with sketchy people? Nope. I don't want them doing other drugs. If it's a good neighborhood, and they keep their shit together, then yeah it's alright.

3. At 15 I'd let her smoke, but only at home with supervision.
    And even then, only once a week.

4. id wait till theyre at least 18 or outa highschool

5. I'd do exactly as my parents did.

They said 'we know we can't stop you from doing drugs, but be careful'.

I'd say the same thing to them once they reach age of 18. My dad later tells me that he's done coke and bud.

It's true, 'don't push red button' is true.

Tell a kid not to push red button.
    Tell a kid to eat :vegetable:

6. some people just cant handle bud. i would make sure he/she is able to handle it before making a decision

7. I will not, unless they show they can be responsible with it, and they are of a decent age. I would prefer after 18.

8. I can't imagine I would feel good about it, but I can't imagine I would be cool with being a hypocrite either.

9. 16 feels like an appropriate age to begin without causing irreversible harm or trigger stupidity. I started when I was 14 though, so... fuck if I know dude.

10. If they got their main priorities done first, I guess I wouldn't mind it as long as it's in moderation.

11. Since I have a baby now, I've been thinking about this a lot. We've decided that he can decide for himself when he's 18, and we'd rather it be with us the first time.

12. smoking cannabis is a lot like smoking tobacco when it comes to coming of age. you wouldn't want your 13, 15 or 16 year old smoking cigarettes for essentially the same reasons you wouldn't want them smoking cannabis. Youngsters are still growing until their early twenties. Using stimulants of any kind should largely be avoided during developmental years to avoid physiological and psychological health issues and unneeded complexities.

13. First, if it was illegal in my state then I would without a doubt say no. I would never condone something that is illegal. I would still think the legalized states would still have some type of age restriction.

If it were legal, I still would not allow it. There are a long list of things I would not allow while living under my roof. If they don't like it, they can leave.

When they moved out and decided to do it, I would not hold it against them. They're an adult and should be able to make their own decisions. I would have issues if they were not responsible uers.. loss of motivation, decline in physical health, DUI, spending all their money on it, etc.

14. I'd have to have a little conversation on responsibility and understanding the consequences if he did get caught; but after that, it's his/her decision if they want to smoke. I would rather them smoke with me the first couple of times, but whoever they decided to smoke with is up to them.

I just hope my parenting will assist their moral decisions after the fact.

15. [quote name='"meatballz"']First, if it was illegal in my state then I would without a doubt say no. I would never condone something that is illegal. I would still think the legalized states would still have some type of age restriction.

If it were legal, I still would not allow it. There are a long list of things I would not allow while living under my roof. If they don't like it, they can leave.

When they moved out and decided to do it, I would not hold it against them. They're an adult and should be able to make their own decisions. I would have issues if they were not responsible uers.. loss of motivation, decline in physical health, DUI, spending all their money on it, etc.[/quote]

Well if you smoked in your parents house your being a hypocyrite

16. It all depends on how they do in school and if I think they already smoke weed or not. Since I know just about all the tricks and hiding spots I'm gonna be on the look out around the time they turn 14. If I ever catch them or think they're I'll tell em don't get caught, don't do any other drugs. I just hope my kid doesn't end up being an anti-weed fiend who would call the cops on me for blazing up. Just google "My parents smoke weed" and look at all the...interesting results

17. Hypocrite much?

18. Yes. yes i would.

19. I never smoked in my parent's house.

It also would not make me a hypocrite. It is possible for people to learn from their mistakes. With your logic, If I used to smoke meth and drive drunk, I would not be able to tell my kid that he could not do it.

20. Please point out what you think is hypocritical of it?

By the way, I'm a father so I think I actually have a little more say in this topic. People's thoughts about several things change once they actually have a child.