Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Would bongs filter out mold?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by mattsta1001, Sep 3, 2009.

1. #1 mattsta1001, Sep 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2009
    I've been wondering this lately, anybody know?

Edit:
    i dont have any moldy bud...
    but i really wish i had some!!!

2. I'm assuming your asking "does smoking out of a bong filter the smoke from moldy bud"?. The answer to that question is no. If you have moldy bud, I would recommend throwing it away immediately. Ingesting mold, especially smoking it, is TERRIBLE for you.

3. Or I asked "Would bongs filter out mold?" but I meant "Does smoking out of a bong filter the smoke from moldy bud?" :D

but thanks for the answer

4. no. throw that gross moldy bud away

5. I've heard smoking moldy weed can kill you. Don't know if that's taking a few bong hits or smoking an entire dub, but I'd stay away from it. Keep your weed fresh and you don't have to worry about it.

6. It's ok once or twice. But smoking moldy weed can be fatal.

you'd need smoke quite a bit for it to be life threataning, i wouldnt take the risk ,bin it.

7. You really don't want mold spores entering you lungs, it can be quite fatal. For your safety I would strongly suggest just throwing it away.

8. haha wow, read your question and think about it... straight not stoned! well i got it and i was stoned so who knows

9. Everyone please get this idea out of their heads already. Not bashin you man, just wanna make sure all us stoners are well educated, bongs do NOT filter anything bad out of bud, at least not enough to mention, they simply cool your hits down making it easier on your throat.

10. That's actually not true. Although water doesn't filter THC, it will filter certain aspects of the smoke, some carcinogens, ect.

11. #11 smokyeyes, Sep 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2009

you are 100% correct the whole reason of smokin out of a water peice is a. because it cools ur hit and b. beacuse it filters out some of the worse things in the smoke ... but all this aside throw that "mud" (moldy bud .haha) ill hook you a bowl of some kind shtuff.....

12. I was always told it filtered out the tar...