would being a firefighter be a cool job?

Discussion in 'General' started by doodmeng, Feb 27, 2011.

1. so do you guys think it would be a good job? From what ive researched most fireman work 24 hours, then they have 24 off, then 24 hours on again, then 3 days off. They have 30 vacation days and a good amount of sick days. It seems like theres a lot of free time which is obviously pretty cool and when u are working, your with your buddies chillen a lot of the time. I know it can be very stressful having to see people dying and putting your life in danger. I have a strong desire to help others and i would like a lot of off time to be with my family, blaze, surf, chill so to me it seems like the perfect job.

im definetly gonna go on blunt rides in the firetruck

2. It's a career that drug tests.

3. the training is probably pretty tough, and most firefighters i know spend most of their time cutting dead bodies from car wrecks, i quote him saying "we are required to treat every victim as if they were alive unless the head is detached from the torso, and yes i have seen that before."

edit: and also yeah ^ they drug test

4. If you're tough enough

5. AWWWWWWW mannnnnnnnnnnnnn.

tis but a dream

6. Worth it imo

7. If you got the mentality of burning blunts in a fire truck while being a fireman, you should probably think of a new career. Its a big boy job

I understand your probably joking, im just sayin