Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Would be greatful if you guys could answer this

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Mister P, Jun 27, 2011.

1. A little introduction:

I've started using pot a several years ago. In the beginning, it was mostly for being stupid with friends and having a good time. Nowadays though I feel as if my relationship with pot has somewhat matured. One of the greatest reasons why I love pot is that it gives me, and sorry here for the weirdness, "brain power." I don't know what it's doing scientifically but I feel as if my brain has shifted gears-not in a "psychedelic" way or anything-but as if pot has given me more "brain processing powers:" For instance, I can analyze things more quickly and to a greater efficiency. I am capable of intellectual realizations and deep self-reflections that I wouldn't have been able to conduct earlier. And it's not that I've become somehow "smarter." It's just that it feels as if my brain has been woken up. Like a weight-lifter receiving an injection of adrenaline, my brain acts as if it has been given what it needs to do its job more effectively.

Now here's the problem. My greatest concern about my use, which would otherwise be so wonderful and fantastic, is that I worry that my brain might be getting reliant on marijuana. Like a caffeine-addict who can't get through a day without a cup of caffeine or like a student who takes "study drugs" such as Alderol (an anti-A.D.D. medication) who can't study any longer without first taking one (I'm in college so I see a lot of that around), I worry that my brain is slowly losing its ability to reach such a level of processing power naturally, without first being high; or that, perhaps worse, my brain has become so reliant on marijuana that its slowly losing its ability to hit its natural performance level even while perfectly sober.

I don't how common my experiences under marijuana are (I myself don't hit that kind of high all the time) or how many of you can relate to what I'm saying, but if anyone does have some experience to share or anything else which may help me, I would gladly appreciate your response.

Sincerely,
    Your friend Mr. P

2. Bust a nut in her face

3. ...hahahahahahhahahahahah....W..T...F?????? ....dude, I almost fell out of my chair....thankx for the laugh!

4. TL;DR please

5. Take a t-break for a coupe of days and see how u feel

6. Don't worry your not addicted and your brAin isn't gonna shut down sounds like your just really high chill man

7. #7 Walter White, Jun 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2011
    First of all, congrats, because you are using marijuana for the right reasons. Most problems with mental marijuana addiction come about when people start using it for any other reasons imho (like being happy with their life). And the fact that you are both using it for the right reasons AND are preparing for any future problems with addiction tells me that you are smart enough to handle your weed and have nothing to worry about.

8. Yeah so most of you really didn't answer my question.

@walterwhite (great show by the way) while I thank you for those kind words you're answer of "you're smart enough to stay safe" doesn't really help :)

I still have no clue about my situation. I don't really want to stop smoking weed and since I have no idea how long I should take a break off of weed just to make my braincells are ok, I really don't want to undergo it.

9. I know what you mean. As my relationship with Mary Jane has matured, I feel like Iv matured as a person. It seems like I'm a much better critical thinker and usually don't sweat my problems as much as I used to. My theory is that maybe marijuana unlocks more potential in your brain, seeing as how we only use a small portion of it. But who knows.

10. This is a placebo effect.

Your brain cells haven't been affected, and won't.
    The more you keep thinking your brain is addicted or "runs better" off of marijuana, the more you will "see" things that way.

Take a T break (you'll know when it feels right to smoke again).
    Enjoy life without mary jane, not a hard thing to do.

If shit is tough to concentrate, take a break, drink some water, breathe deeply and go at it again.

We don't need anything, especially marijuana... but it sure as hell does make things much more interesting :)

11. Agree.

Marijuana to me is more of a tool now than a recreational drug.
    It's a compass that points to perspectives I often overlook sober.

12. I know exactly what you mean. It's a very nice feeling. First, to answer yourf question you won't magically get stupid from being a weed smoker. When you're high you're able to think very deeply and vividly on topics, and because you're high the thoughts are much more interesting to you.

Sometimes after you smoke you don't get that vividness and some people assume that they're missing stuff or having to think harder. That's not it, it just isn't as enjoyable. It depends on the person but you'll usually be completely rid of that sensation within 2 days.

Hope I helped lol.

13. You're not relying it on it. Your brain is just wondering why the high isnt there anymore. Being high has become a "reality" to your brain. So when you stick it back to reality, it dosen't know how to act. I'm sure after a few days you'll be fine. Once your brain has been readjusted you'll be back to normal.

14. mr p, your problem is that
    you use pot.

15. #15 Walter White, Jun 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2011
    I agree that this is just a placebo affect. I have never personally felt like my sober mind is worse off after smoking weed. In fact, I definitely feel like the opposite is true for me just because I can remember my highdeas long after my high has worn off and I can make myself keep thinking in the same way. But seriously if you take a month long tolerance break you should completely refresh your brain and remember what your reality was like before smoking weed.

16. You just may have a touch of ADHD! Cannabis often "clarifies" their thinking!

For me, cannabis is a "mind lubricant". Ideas slip and slide into new configurations. (When I went back to college in my 50s, the teachers were delighted with my "novel" takes on tired old subjects! I just wrote everything stoned to the max and "cleaned them up" sober!)

Herbal cannabinoids can "fill in" for our body's natural endocannabinoids. Endocannabinoids are responsible for a lot of things that happen in your body!

Here hon, read these! They will explain a lot. :D

The FOXNEWS version-

Are You Cannabis Deficient? (news - 2010)
    [FONT=&quot] Marijuana Compound Treats Multiple Health Issues - FoxNews.com[/FONT]

And the real thing-

Clinical Endocannabinoid Deficiency (full - 2004)
    http://www.freedomtoexhale.com/clinical.pdf

Granny :wave:

17. Nothing is going to happen dude. Marijuana makes your thinking clearer. No brain cells are destroyed, or harmed. Read Granny's links, she's a fucking genius. Anytime she posts information, just end your post reading there and see what she's got.