would anyone recommend this kind of light?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Blunder5, Apr 25, 2008.

1. I havnt tried LED's myself, but any time i do research or read about them, they are mostly experimental and havnt come up with the technology to do things proper quite yet.
    Id stick with whats known to work instead of trying to go new unless you want to just try it out.

2. there have been grows that have used leds and from my knowledge the works really well i think it was THesCientist that did a grow with led my search button isnt workin for some reason but search for it and you can get some info

3. thanks for the replys

4. LED's seem to only to be good for adjunct lighting at this time. They definitely hit the right wavelengths, as indicated by the specific red and blue colors, they just lack the good old intensity still. LED's (or some other electronic light-emiting technology) will be the future of growing, we just haven't gotten there yet. If you have an HPS or MH (or Enough CFL's for that matter) the LED's make great fill lighting. They are just too dim and too expensive (to get as many lumens as you need on their own) yet.

Maybe in five years.

5. Hightimes did a review of an L.E.D kit that puts out the equivelent of 400 watts.

very compact, perfect for closet growing. Check this months issue (June issue)

-C