Would any of you say you're addicted (or close to it)

Discussion in 'General' started by Shiggs, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Whats up blades

I was just on here reading some posts and was thinking that for me, I'd do just about anything for some weed if I was out.
    For example, if I have to drive 2 hours to get a few g's I'd probably do it. Luckily I've never had to...but I probably would.
    I wouldn't do it because I need it to keep functioning, though, I'd do it because I'd enjoy it.

So, do you think you would say you're addicted? or would you say the old, "I can stop whenever I want" and you actually mean it if you had to.

Was just wondering...I'd like to hear from you guys:smoking:

2. Nah, I can and have stopped smoking for a couple months at a time to pass drug tests and stuff. Apart from a little insomnia and a seizure every now and then (I've had 'em for years, weed has helped immensely), I'm a-OK.

3. I know 100% I am not addicted to marijuana.
    I'm addicted to sex, nicotine, and caffeine though.
    Will I ever quit? No. What would quitting prove? If I ever returned it would be considered a relapse. Marijuana isn't a fix, it's just an addition. At least that's the way I see it.

4. Yeah totally

5. No, I control my life, it doesn't control me....

6. i used to be hella addicted. all i would do is eat and smoke weed and watch youtube in my room without coming out unless i needed more food. now i barely smoke.

7. Yea but the urge for it is entirely mental. If I can manage to accept that I have no money for weed then I don't really care, I can go for weeks no problem. Now If I have weed that's another story

8. I've never been addicted. When school starts after summer, I go from blazing everyday to blazing on the weekends. Some weekends when I'm busy with assignments and work I don't even blaze, so I don't think it can really be addictive unless you have no control over your own self.

9. There was a time when I felt like I "needed" weed.
    But I decided to stop for a few weeks, then cut down, and haven't had a problem since.
    And it was really easy to stop.

10. I kind of do. Whenever i need to quit for a drug test or whatever i tell myself "okay you're done when this bags gone" then after its gone i always end up getting another. Its alot easier to stop when i can make it the first few days without smoking. I just get really bored at my house all the time and weed helps that ha.

11. i'm a horrible drug addict, however.. pot keeps me from being an even huger drug addict...

12. depends how you define addiction. I can stop tomorrow with only one drawback really, I wouldn't be able to sleep more than 4-5 hours a night v. 8-9 I get now and that's no good. I'm a daily user right now, and plan to stay that way. I vaporize everyday, it's financially very cheap because a gram of hash oil in the vaporizing pen lasts a month+ of daily usage and a gram of hash oil is 20-30$ at the medical places here.

13. Naw I've been toking or three years and at no point did pot overtake precedent over my schooling, health, or any other aspect of my life.

14. been addicted to various other shit, not anymore though

when i was younger id say i was more mentally addicted to weed, id get really bored without weed

now i can enjoy it whenever i feel like it, and easily go without it :)

15. Meh, I have a really addictive personality so I tend to get addicted to most drugs I use often, and I definitely smoke often.

I was pretty sure I was psychology addicted to it, but over these last few weeks I haven't been smoking all that much. I've cut from smoking a half a week to making this quarter last 2 weeks (so far, I still have like half left). I end up either not smoking all day or smoking half a bowl while I play some Xbox or sometging or half a bowl before I go to bed. I figured it would be a lot harder to conserve. I've been pretty broke so I NEED to save it haha.

I guess I can hold off pretty easily when there's not a lot. But if I have the money and time I, I'm gonna get high. But not smoking doesn't bug me at all. I need to keep smoking no matter what though, because weed manages to keep me away from other drugs pretty well

16. you need help man, go to rehab or something ...

17. I'm not addicted, but im dependent as a motherfucker.

18. I'm addicted and not ashamed to admit it

19. Yeah, I kind of am. I smoke to the last crumb, an last scrape of resin. I mean I've spent 3 hours on the bus just to get a G. But hey, better than cigarettes no?

It's just the cost of weed that's an issue.

20. Yeah I can see how it's kind of a gray area, but definitely not an addiction. I mean because my dealer lives about 30 minutes away and half the time when I go dry I'll stay dry for a few days just because I'm too damn lazy to make the drive.

I can see why people call it an addiction though because it definitely sucks to be out, but I pretty much see it like what if someone told you you could never eat your favorite food again. I mean you'd be upset and you'd probably refuse but that doesn't make it addictive.