Would a verticle-rack, hydroponic ebb and flow, Sea of green system work for a large scale operation

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by HempGrower, Feb 17, 2020.

1. Using LED lights.
    Also, if I chose the right strain, could I skip vegging plants, just flower clones once they are mature enough?

2. Well I mean I guess it could work....we would obviously need aloooot more details before we could give you an accurate answer...imo

3. Actually, I guess what I should be asking is what is the most efficient hydroponic system to use in a 4,000 sq ft vertical grow space?

4. Yes a vertical rack system would work but the additional setup cost might not be worth it. Also depends on what setup you are referring to. Any pictures or diagram?

and yes you can go from cloning straight to flowering.

5. Depends on what your ceiling height is

6. oh crap right, the ceiling height is about 13 ft

7. Something like this would work but you have to make sure the rack can support the proper weight!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  8. yeah that's what I'd be going for. I'm just trying to think what the best hydroponic system to use would be. (Ebb & flow, drip, DWC, other)

9. DTW on rock wool. Simple, works and pretty straight forward.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. What do you have experience in........if you don't mind me asking? Maybe you could branch off from there...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Yeah Kroniks got a very good point there mate. Can you already fill a square meter without issues?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. No thanks guys. I’m asking a simple question not every question has to delve deep in experience lol. Just brainstorming possible designs

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Deciding on what to use on a big scale operation.......might be benefitted by your experience in growing thus far.......that's all:passtheshit:

I know I wasnt askin for a life history....just what you have tinkered in...but it's all good bro. :love-mj2:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Nothing wrong with thinking big. Been there done that. Was successful and now I consult. Lemme save your a little time.

If your in a legal state it’s not worth it growing unless you can fork over a few million. Not even kidding just look at the wholesale prices in Oregon, Denver, Cali. Not to mention the surplus production they have.

if your in a non legal state then it’s a different story.

long story short the upfront cost for equipment is about $35 a sq foot. That’s your basic DTW, DE HPS setup. Cost only goes up from there. Does not include build out cost, utilities (gas,water,electricity) and Rent, insurance, payroll etc.

you could go cheaper but you end up spending more in the long Run.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Kronik I’m well aware of that, but that wasn’t the question

16. Gelato41 we're actually an expanding operation in a non-legal state, opening our second warehouse. :) I'm just kind of brainstorming ideas right now, as I want to change up our grow operation for our second warehouse. Our first place is great for many strains and very high potency, but I want to focus our second location on yield production. That's why I'm going sea of green, to maximize # of yields and g/sq ft and g/watt. I want to choose a design that will be efficient as the industry floods up, so I wanted to do "more current" grow styles, I want to do vertical sea of green. I want to stick to hydroponics and I know that ebb and flow model usually works best for sea of green, but I don't think that would work well since I'll be using CO2 and one of the main points of Vertical racks is most efficient use of space with moving vertical racks, so ebb and flow wouldn't work very well since i'd have to keep the water basin outside the grow room. But DTW wouldn't be a bad idea, then I wouldn't really have to worry about CO2 buildup since I'd be discarding the water

17. Also, I'm currently using HP, and vertical grow would require LED. I've never personally grown LED, and hear such mix opinions about it I'm not sure it would be worth it. If I can't make a rack system work I'll probably just go Sea of Green Ebb and Flow single layer tables

18. For the love of god whatever you do don't get the "Burple" led lights. For a 13ft ceiling height LED is pretty much your only option if you want to stack two grows in the same foot print.

A little professional advice here, because i've seen this happen too many times.
    Because your in the "planning" stages. IF you are set on using CO2 then make 100% sure you create your plan with the intention of CO2. The HVAC system of CO2 is dramatically different then a non CO2 grow.

So what that means is don't build out a grow with a plant to add/upgrade co2 later. That often leads to having to redo your HVAC setup and that will cost as much if not more then the initial installation of your HVAC system.

If you live in a "colder" environment then I would suggest CO2. If your in a warmer climate I would 100% skip CO2. The 20% added yield is almost all but eaten by your increased cooling / dehumidifying cost.

19. Yeah LED is unfortunately the only way I can go for stacking those burples are horse sh*t lol. I live in a colder environment so I’m definitely going CO2. I’m hoping it might even help with heating costs in the winter when temps can be very low Negatives. We only have a month or two when it gets really hot here, and other states would probably laugh at what I mean by “hot” so even in those two months it shouldn’t be as bad

20. Some ops I’ve worked with will just shit down for 2-3 months to clean, retool in the hottest months. They will maintain mothers and clones but not flower