Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Would a glycerine tincture help a toothache?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by gangeefried718, Oct 6, 2011.

1. I will be having a tooth give me issues soon and was wondering ...

How well would a glycerine tincture work for tooth pain?

2. Not likely. There have been studies done that indicate thc etc can actually open up the direct pain pathway between nerve endings in teeth and the pain center of the brain and INCREASE pain. Personal experience for me supports this theory. When I use cannabis in any form (other than very large oral doses) it makes my tooth pain a lot worse. Sorry I can't give links to these studies but a little googling should get you there.
    Try clove oil as a topical, and see a dentist asap!

BMH

3. Yea, the lack of dental insurance has kept me away from a dentist :(

4. You should take a swig of vodka and hold it in your mouth until your mouth is numb.

5. I can't consume alcohol due to pancreas issues

I'd be in the hospital before the day was over :(

6. Eugenol aka clove oil. Especially if you can get it into a hole in the tooth or if the tooth has broken off you can drip it down into the root itself. You still need antibiotics and more permanent treatment though. Even antibiotics are just a band aid of sorts.