would a carbon filter work like this?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Foo Man, Oct 21, 2011.

1. i'm wondering if you can use a carbon filter to help eliminate odors in a grow area without exhausting the filtered air outside of the same area?

logic tells me yes, but i need some reassurance

2. what would be the point? why not just put the filter on your exhaust.. you have to have air flow(exhaust pulling old air out) exhausting into the same room you are trying to exhaust out of wouldn't make sense. or maybe I'm confused to what you are asking

3. yes it will work, but the fan will generate heat... so now you have to decide whats better, stink or heat....

it might not generate a ton of heat..... but i'd do it if you were in trouble with stink

4. Panda85: i guess i should have provided a bit more detail- this grow will be done in a shed. i know most people don't recommend growing in a shed, but this is in a secure location with virtually zero human traffic. my buddy and i set the shed up with ceiling to floor heavy duty insulation, an a/c unit and a false wall so that the grow area can't be seen even when the shed is wide open. we're trying to avoid exhausting the air outside of the shed to 1. avoid sucking the cool air conditioned air out of the shed and 2. to avoid possibly blowing out hot air that could possibly be picked up by police helicopters with FLIR.

Tihspeed- that a/c gets the grow area cold enough to turn your nipples into diamonds within a minute or two so heat shouldn't be an issue :D

5. so you have no fresh air coming in besides from the ac? and no where for the old air to leave the shed? do you plan on using co2?

6. it will work. u may need a slightly bigger than normal filter for ur area, but it will work. good luck.