Would 12 hours of dark effect my clones?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by TheBudReaper, Dec 17, 2010.

1. Im prone to think it wouldn't. And its not going to change my process in any way, I would just like to know the answer. I have 4 purple kush clones i got, put them in my flower space under a 4000 luman cfl, they got about a good 10 hours of light before my timer popped. About 3 hours after lights came on i put them in a veg space with about the same amount of light. Will this 12 hours of dark effect my clones?
    ( I have read around alot of forums just to answer this question, not looking to be lectured on the search engine or being lazy and finding the answer my self)
    Please and thank you!

2. I don't know for sure, but I'd say it would... You'll know in a few days. My guess is they'll root very slowly, but will root...

-Loki

3. If you mean a one-time only 12 hour period of darkness in the middle of a veg period, then no, it won't have any great effect on your clones, they may stretch very slightly or they may not (probably not).

Just think of it as a (very) cloudy day, so long as you don't keep it up, and you get them back to normal, they should continue to veg normally.

4. im sure itll confuse your plants and slow the growth for a couple days. just dont make a habbit of it. i gave an extra clone to a buddy of mine and he put it outside in october and it turned into one big bud. 12/12 will send it into flower at any age but as long as u correct the light schedule itll go back into veg with a little stress, and maybe some funky lookin 3 finger leaves

5. Ok awesome. They are already rooted well, not freashly cut clones btw

Thanks for the fast responses:hello:

6. Got the from BPG and put them in dirt the same time i put them in the flower space

7. Oooh... only one 12 hour period? Missed where he mentioned moving them. I think you're right. I don't think they'd stretch without roots in any case...

-Loki

8. I got the established clones yesterday and put them in 1 gal buckets with soil, so they have roots, just not alot.

9. ^^^^^that^^^^^

A one time only isn't going to do anything.

Wet

10. If it's an extended 12/12, where the cuttings were previously acclimated to 16/8 or 24/0, they can stretch without any root mass required. When you move as many cuttings from house to house as I have, with delays in electricity or lost equipment, you start to see it as more of the norm rather than an oddity :)

In some cases where a cutting is for whatever reason reluctant to root, it can grow for weeks on end absorbing through the stalk alone simple sustenance enough to bloom and even produce (although small) flowers.

11. It will force your clones to flower I do it when I want short plants I put them on 12/12 from the start and they just get about a foot high covered in buds. But just one time I dont think anything will happen.