wot yall think

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by tinche8, May 9, 2003.

1. which of the following nutrients is best for hydro:
    ionic nutes or eurponic nutes ? (i am using rockwool 4 my hydro if this means anything).

BTW,is it hard 2 control the PH in hydro tanks?

if anyone has grown super girl from nirvana... i beg u gimme a shout out as i wanna grow this starin but dont much about it.

peace.tinche8

2. If your sucking air out 24/7 then ther will always be a negitive presure in the box thefore if there is a leak or a vent without a filter on it the smell will never come out because the air is always being sucked out. So there is no puropse to have the lower air freshner unless if you want to freshen the air going into the grow box?

I would just try a carbon filter at first rather then the ana bucket then if it dosent work to your likings go to ana, simply because who wants there house to smell of air freshner that just masks the odor instead of traping it. You should see if you can vent the air to outside through a hole in the wall with its own vent or out a window. That room may get too hot if its a small-medium size unvented room. My bros computer bakes his room thats 20'x20' if he dosent have the a/c on vent even during the fall and spring at night, and im in relitivly cold NY.

I would use a squirrel cage fan because they move more air and more pressure for there size then inline. Look for a dayton fan they last forever.

3. sup all,

whats the NL x shiva odour like,does it definetly have a weed odour or is there no smell at all? ...BTW, how many female plants will i get from a pack of 10 seeds? will it be hard 2 control this strains odour if i was 2 grow 2-4 plants?

BTW, thank 4 all the replies guys

peace.dier

4. Your set up looks good. I would lose the input ONA scrubber, and concentrate my efforts on the output. Make sure that scrubber has enough surface area for your needs (the one in the pic looks kinda small). Also, your fan won't have to work as hard pumping air through two scrubbers. You will need a blower, however, as computer-type fans will get quickly overloaded trying to move air through your air cleaner. You need something designed to force air, not just move it around like a regular fan.

At 55 watts per square foot, that 250W HPS should be perfect. Just make sure to add an efficient hood so that all your plants don't try to grow into the center hot spot under the bulb. You don't really need the flouros either. It's actually better to veg under the same light level you flower with. Try a conversion set up where you can use Metal Halide and HPS, then just switch the bulbs when you switch to 12/12. That way you get your blue spectrum without sacrificing light quality. Flouros have to be right on top of your plants to work well, especially if all you have is 36 watts for 4.5 square feet!

Noise will also be a concern, both from the blower and hydro set up (bubbler). Using some soundproofing foam for parts or the whole box could be a good idea if you don't have a highly secluded place to stash it. (BTW, heat builds up in closets, so leaving the door closed is probably not a practical alternative for noise).

If I were you, too, I would consider using a ScrOG setup with that NFT tank. You have a good deal of space for each plant, but they will still need training to get the most of the light. HIDs as small as 250W don't have alot of canopy penetration power, so whatever you can do to get your plants level and close to the bulb (without burning) the better off you'll be.

Hope that Helps

:D

The Rev

5. hello all,
    do you lot think a 50cfm pc fan from maplin will b suitable for my grow? i am using a 250HPS BTW

peace.tinche8

6. Word of advice tinche8. If you are using your home PC to write these messages you will have to think about what you are saying. You need to relies that they are people who monitor particular web site such as one like this one to read about things like this, all the need to do is get your IP and from there they will know what area you live in and from there they will be able to contact your supplier and locate the IP to your address. The will wait till you have all this set-up and your about to cut your little crop and then they will bust your ass. So be careful friend I don't want to see a fellow grower get busted ;).

Peace out
    Mick

7. and micky, he is in the UK i think its legal there, lol

oh i wish it was......lol.....that would be nice!.........Peace out.....Sid