worth it?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Cody227, Sep 24, 2013.

1. Well for some reason my hps kinda shit out. The ballast turns on but the bulb doesnt. Put in a new bulb and still nothing. Its 400w, magnetic ballast. Didnt overheat the ballast. Dont know what it could be.

2 plants, 47 days into flowering, planned on another 2 weeks untill chop since theyre 8 week plants. Just quite feeding nutes 2 waterings ago. They need more time to get the nutes out and fatten up the buds so I dont want to chop.

I have my veg lights, 300w cfls from 3500k-6500k,
    would it be worth it to put the plants under them? Will they still fatten? Most cfl lights i have are 5000k. Not optimal at all, and they are just cfls. Not sure what to do here. I assume its better to stick then under the cfls and let them finish but i guess i want a second opinion.

2. First option would of course getting that light fixed but I know it's not like you can make that happen at the snap of your fingers..hmm I would personally try to get them outside, in a greenhouse or even a sunroom if you have one. If not then the CFLs could work but with the K rating being that high it's going to be shitty because the last 2-3 weeks is when the buds really ripen and get fat and having them under vegetative bulbs would be sub par..but if that's your only option then do it. I would go to lowes spend the cash and get some high wattage 2700K CFLs before doing that though, you'll have the red spectrum for flowering and you won't have to put out the initial investment as if you bought a new hps

3. If your gonna keep using the ballast than why not buy another one?

4. I live at 10,000ft, weather is unpredictable and harsh so no outside for me haha.
    Anyways, i undid everything put the hood/socket on the ground upside down and screwed the bulb in and it worked. Havent put it back up yet but this happened when i first got the thing too. Is that normal, i dont think ive ever been able to screw in a bulb rightside up and have it work.

5. Dayum 10k feet? Is that colorado? How do you breathe? Don't you need supplemental oxygyn at that elevation?

6. It is Colorado. Its not too bad haha. Its noticeable, even from Denver (5k), but its clean fresh mountain air everytime. Plants grow shorter, but more dense this high up as well, thats a plus for me. But there is year round frost and it almost even snowed last night, so sadly not outdoor for me. I would love it though, always wanted to grow outdoor.

7. Put it under anything you can put it on, as the trichomes aren't quite ready yet and early harvesting is probably the biggest mistake anyone can make because it won't do anything for you.  Make sure it's a 12/12 cycle for flowering still and you should be able to come out okay.  There was a thread awhile back, where this guy early harvested a couple of cannabis cup winner strains and he was it was weak as fuck.. Hmm I wonder why?  Well he gave us a picture of what he harvested and the hairs were still pretty long and not receded yet.  

8. Put them under our veg light..the last couple weeks is the most important

Sent from my Rise using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. You can buy parts to rebuild or repair a magnetic ballast fairly cheap and that's about the only advantage they have over digital ballasts. Digital ballasts run cooler and are more efficient on the amount of electricity they use compared to magnetic ballasts.