Worth a shot?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by justan, Aug 6, 2012.

1. So I finally found some seeds from really good bags a while back that I had lost. It's already the beginning of August but I figure it's worth trying. What I'm planning on doing is growing 1 - 3 of them. I'm going to keep them in small pots to keep them small as well as do some LST. There is still 14 hours of sunlight for at least the next few weeks so I figure it will veg for a few weeks and then flower. I'm not hoping for extremely high yields or even extremely good bud. I just want to try growing for once. Should I try?

2. nice they be budding soon

3. Outdoors most plants bud at 14 hours two of my strains this year are budding

4. Maybe pull a few joints per plant.

5. I've heard of people having success with budding a plant directly from seed. Like I said, I'm not looking for quantity or even great quality, just wanna give it a shot :)

6. It can be done but don't expect much. It's going to take 2 weeks just to get a few inches from seeds. I think it can be done but only a few little nugs per plant at this point.

What region on you in?

7. #7 justan, Aug 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2012
    So instead of making a new post, I figured I'd just put up some pictures here. This is what we have so far! I believe I germinated this seed for a few days and then planted on August 11th (give or take a day) making this plant just over two weeks old. I think it's coming along great! I'm not sure if you can see in the pictures, but it seems like there may possibly be small amounts of THC already being produced on the stem?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. thc on the stem is whats up!!

9. So would you say female?

10. That's not THC on the stem -- it's just a membrane the plant produces naturally that looks like peach fuzz. You're going to have to wait for the pre-flowers to produce before you can proclaim it male/female, which will probably take at least another week or two to determine.

11. Ahh, well thanks for the info! My fingers are crossed because so far this is the only 1 of 5 seeds from a batch of ridiculously awesome weed that actually sprouted.