Worst ( wound, injury, disease, worst pain) of your life

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by MattyBee, Mar 16, 2012.

1. A failed attempt at getting my wisdom tooth taken out, which resulted in having someone basically breaking it with some pliers. 

2. Not really my story but I remember it from whe I was younger , My dad used to be a meat cutter ( cows pigs lambs etc) when he was cutting he had the knife flipped facing towards him , he slipped off the table and stuck all 12 inches of the blade through his thigh, to top it off he pulled the knife out doing more damage then when it went in , he crawled everywhere for 3 weeks

3. Fracturing my tibia, left knee on the second day of a ski trip. Had to fly back early. It took about three months to heal; it was just a hassle because I had to take care of myself. 

4. Ummm I stepped on a 2 inch screw once and it went DEEP into my foot.. I cried.

5. Was playing soccer on the beach and I went for a nice power kick and hit a rock that was under the sand. It pushed my big toe nail upwards causing the back end to lodge itself into my flesh. Stay on bed rest at home drinking and smoking the pain away, finally went to the doctor and was told if I waited a few more days it would have needed to be amputated. They had to freeze my foot and cut open my toe to take out the nail that was stuck in there. The sand that was inside the wound infected it and I needed to go in two times a week to have it cleaned, and let me tell you that was not fun! Having a rough nurse wipe your open flesh while not on pain killers because you didn't have any proof of insurance. Oh and This was all done at a walk in clinic because I was turned away at the hospital for not having my insurance papers. Now my nails grown back in but I have to have custom insert in my shoes due to the fact that my big toe took such an impact that the joint form toe to foot got smash so that the toe is not straight and its shorter than the toe beside it. Worst pain for me I rather break my fingers again.

6. hmm where do i start?

had a root canal rot out of my mouth piece by piece over the course of 3 years when i was 12. tooth broke all the way down the root. the pain is indescribable because it was just that shitty. it was like having someone tug on the nerve in your mouth constantly. the pain was so great half of my face became swollen. had to endure that pain for days and days. seriously some of the worst shit ever.

had a sinus infection get so bad my eardrums ruptured. had to get emergency surgery to drain the fluids pushing on my eardrums. again, one the most terrible pains i've ever felt in my entire life. the pain was so bad i could barely see or walk. i would have murdered someone just to make the pain stop. andd ever since then my balance is all fucked up now because of it.

broke my wrist, both my elbows, have had 3 concussions. fractured my tailbone, dislocated two of my toes and my ankle. all from skateboarding.

also cracked 3 ribs when i was 17 racing my quad. i went around this burm that had a super steep hill just on the other side. lost control and rolled down the hill. quad rolled ontop of me multiple times. knocked me out. woke up barely being able to breathe. luckily a family with a pickup truck saw me fall. they where nice enough to tow my quad and get me out of there.

honestly the root canal and ruptured ear drum are the two worst pains ive ever felt tho, it makes all the other pain ive felt in my life look like rainbows and unicorns.

7. Hmm probably when i dislocated my ankle and severely bruised straight through the bone :/ bruising a bone can be more painful then breaking it

8. I was 17 and crossing the street to my bus stop for school. I had one foot on the curb and a car came out of nowhere doing 40-45mph and hit me. it sent me 10 feet in the air, I landed on his windshield, and rolled onto the ground. My femur was broken in half and my foot was next to my head. they wanted to set it before I got to the hospital but it hurt so bad. I never went into shock. and was awake the whole ambulance ride to the hospital. Hurt like hell.

9. Any trauma to the shin has proven to be substantially painful to the point of rolling on the ground in agony....

Like one time while I was working I stupidly tried to flip the wheel barrel by lifting it up but as I did so I brought it toward me....and well there was a piece of metal plating right there that landed nicely on my leg....my shin absorbing the whole blow in a small point of contact.......

was limping after that and surprised I didnt break my leg....

10. #430 Exodromos, May 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2013
    Getting a fractured ankle after landing on it awkwardly after shooting a jump shot. Then having to walk home on it because my sister didn't believe me when I told her it was fractured and to come pick me up. 
    Or breaking my nose when I was a kid from getting headbutted. 
    Either of those two were really fucking painful.

11. Split tailbone and dessicated disc in L4 L5. Went a year and a half before i got surgery.

12. Top three in reverse order...

3. Kidney Stones, first one was in Desert Storm. Woke up thinking I had got shot in the back. Had to ride 3 miles to the hospital in a Hummer getting bounced around.

2. I was out hunting one day and had to take a dump. Dropped trow and backed up to a tree. Not aware that there was a bear trap under me, when the first turd dropped the bear trap slammed around my balls. Hurt like hell!

1. When I got to the end of the chain attached to the bear trap. No kidding has a whole differant meaning to me...

13. Broken collar bone......ask anybody who's had one......

14. Atleast they can do something about a broken collar bone. Split your tailbone in half and all they tell you is deal with it :laughing:

15. Both my wrists have been sprained so many times, and i've landed on my palms so much from Skateboarding..my wrists still click when I move them.

Broke my Right ankle during a skateboard session at 14 years old. Not only was the bone bruised, the actual growing plates inside the joint of the ankle were cracked/bruised. Ankle was blue/purple..  Spent 1 1/2 months with a cast, laying on my bed for the full month everyday after school...

The first 3 days I had to use splints to walk around school with my cast. Some lady didn't see me when she was walking out of a classroom , ended up knocking me down, and i ended up hurting my ankle, the same pain came back again. She said sorry but i didn't hear it, as  I was in pain on the floor..

How I describe the pain is like this :

Imagine having a lighter burning the inside of your bone, slowly getting stronger and stronger the longer time passes. 

:bongin:  :smoke:

16. Quite easily when I dislocated my shoulder.... it was stuck dislocated for 6 hours until the 3rd attempt by Doctors at the ER successfully put it back in place. But 6 hours of SCREAMING, CRYING, WRITHING in pain straight non-stop. Never thought a human let alone I could cry that much. This happened 6 months ago, damn it feels much more recent then that. 

17. Well I haven't had anything nearly as bad as @RC Flyer getting my balls chopped by a bear trap.. Jesus H. Christ

When I was like 14, I was at a friends house swimming in his pool hanging out. There was one of those plastic fisher price tables with the thick blue table legs in the back yard, his sister broke off one of the legs and filled it with water in the pool. At this point it probably weighed like 20 lbs. She came up from behind me and swung it over her head, hitting me in the back of the head and instantly knocking me out. Fell face first in the pool and they had to pull me out. Never went to the hospital, but I do still have a small indentation in the back of my head.. 9 years later

Another time I was riding one of those razor scooters up and down my grandparents driveway. My friend was tossing those small red stones all over the pavement, and as I was going down as fast as I could possibly go, I hit a couple of the rocks and flew through barrel and prickly pear cactus, landing in the gravel driveway of the neighbors yard (to the left, in the picture)
    I don't remember how old I was at the time, but this happened at my birthday party. Instead of opening gifts and eating cake, I ended up having cactus spines pulled out one by one.

18. drinking rum, giving my cousin time to ball his old lady, i was wandering around in the woods. tripped on a branch and stuck my hand out to catch myself. put a 1.5" thorn through my palm - i could feel it almost poking out the top of my wrist. pulled it out, went into shock and laid down. the next week i could barely sleep due to the insane amount of pain in my hand, i actually thought that the tip of the thorn had broken off in my hand.

it's either that or breaking my ankle partying in the woods and hobbling the 2.5 miles home the next morning.

19. Has to be between eating something I'm allergic to, or getting my wisdom teeth out.

20. #440 Krimble, May 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2013
    Sorry, double post.  :hide: