Worst Pain Youve Ever Had

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Anony, Feb 3, 2008.

1. So, just as the title says, whats the worst pain you have ever endured?

I have snapped ankles, broken a wrist, been stabbed, however the worst pain I have ever had was waking up one night to locked up calf muscle. It was like my whole calf was super tense, and couldnt be loosened. I couldnt move my leg, and actually brought me to tears. Had to have the misses try to rub it loose.
    Ever since then I now take vitamins to prevent this.

Whats yours?

2. when i fell and whacked my head on the doorknob in my room. 10 stitches on my eyebrow and 2 black eyes.

3. Honestly I think it was having my shoulder ripped out. Imagine someone with 50 lbs on you and 4 more years expertise wrestling just rip that shit out. I was 14 at the time and it was horrible pain. I didn't cry for some reason, probably the shock it put me into. Ended my wrestling career and ever since that happened its never been the same. I tried playing football the next year and it would sublux (dislocate then snap back in) daily in football practice. Now to this day since I haven't gotten surgery it will slip out whenever I raise my arm over my head with any weight, or basically do anything with that piece of crap I call a shoulder. Also I can no longer sleep on the right side of my body because of the pain nearly 5 years later. So that shoulder injury alone has put me through more pain than anything I've experienced.

But the close second would be having to walk on two broken ankles for a few weeks. I was playing on a travel soccer team at the time. We played on some super shitty fields, holes everywhere you get the idea. I was running and landed somehow both of my feet in seperate gopher holes and broke them both. My parents didn't believe they were broken so they just taped them up and sent me to school. I think I was in 4th grade then. Come to find out a few years later when I rebroke my ankle that they in fact were broken then. The doctor looked at the X-Ray and said, "Looks like you've broken this one before." The only thing I could say was "Told you so." God did that make the parents feel bad.

4. when i crashed driving a supermotard, without a helmet.. flew over the handlebars and landed on my right cheekbone and scraped the skin on the whole right sight of my face off. it was horrible, i still have a pretty big scar on my cheekbone. Didn't break anything though, and boy was that morphine gooooood.

I might still have a pic if anyone wants to see the injury :p

5. One time I was in the hospital and they needed to get some medicine in my stomach that I couldn't keep down when I was trying to drink it so they had to shove a tube up my nose and through it down into my throat and stomach, it wasn't so much painful but extreme discomfort for a long time, not to mention I was still throwing up while they were doing it.

6. A couple summers ago I broke my big toe in 3 places. They say the big toe is the worst bone to break, and I'm not sure if it's true but it was the second worst pain in my life. The first was a few days later when it had jsut started to set, I caught it on the threshold of the doorway comming into the thouse and not only re-broke those same spots, but broke it in one last spot. To this day it aches terribly if it gets cold, hurts if I over use it, I can't bend it right anymore, etc.

7. The worst pain I have ever had is pain I have right now. I have severe back pain from my ms, and now I have a bulged disc in my back thats pressing on a nerve. I get shooting pains from my back to my ass to my legs. The only thing I can compare it to is like when you get shocked unplugging a cord or something times like a hundred. So far pain pills and muscle relaxers are doing nothing for me, smoking helps somewhat but I think it mainly just helps to get my mind off of it. Waiting now for my insurance to approve yet another MRI to see where I go from here. I hate having back pain, I am only 23 but it makes me feel like I'm 60 moaning and groaning with every move.

8. when i ripped all the tendants and ligaments in my left ankle and also breaking it in two places. i fucked that one up real good playing dodgeball. owwww

9. I broke both of my arms(at different times) but I think when my lung collapsed that pain was probably the worst I've ever felt. I was at working at a grocery store and it just happened out of nowhere. Extremely sharp pain in my chest/back and I was only 15 and had no idea what was happening and had to wait for my mom to come pick me up and take to to the hospital. I guess that may have added to the pain.

10. True story:

One day I was at a camp of some sorts as a young teen, maybe 14 years old. We slept in bunk beds, but I also slept in a sleeping bag on the bottom bunk.

I woke up in the middle of the night, with BOTH of my calves and upper thighs in a total charlie-horse fucking cramp lock. I couldn't get out of my sleeping bag because I was all wrapped up in it and shit...so I ended up flailing around and screaming like a little bitch and having my bunk bed topple over.

It sucked.

11. In second grade I was climbing up something wooden in the playground that had metal bars, one slipped forward and I went face first into it. I hit my front left tooth, and the chipped part went in my lip. I don't really remember the pain but I was more in shock. I walked up to my teacher, face covered and blood. She wasn't looking in my direction and I interrupted her. She thought I was being rude and said "Is there a fire? Is anyone hurt?", then looked at me and screamed. She ran me to the room, washed my face off and I went home.

Wish I got some cash out of it

When I had to get surgery on my lip, I was flipping out before they gave me the shot, I kicked one of the nurses then ran back out to the lobby. I remember after I had one of the weirdest most vivid dreams of my life during that.

Thats not too bad, i've never broken anything. In middle school one of my friends came back in like 3 casts. He was going over the bridge (big one by the beach) and his handle bars caught something, he flipped over but got caught up in his bike and they both started rolling. By the bottom he broke a leg, a collar bone, both arms, and god remembers what else. Ironically the hospital is litterally connected to the bridge, so he threw his bike in traffic and hobbled across the street.

fucking tank.

12. A big ouch to everyone!

13. when i was like 12 or 13 i was at summer camp and i was petting one ofthe camp dogs and it just flipped out and bit me.....but it bit my nose area breaking my nose and requiring 17 stitches......one of the bite marks was always like less then half an inch from my eye....that woulda sucked so bad if i got bit on the eye

14. ok so i was on the wrestling team a long time ago and we were all practicing on the mats and shit. so im sparring and everyone is kinda sparring too close to eachother. the guy im goin against me throws me on the ground right on my ass and it was so hard, i swear to god it felt that my ass-bone (yes its a real bone stfu) got totally flattened. that wasnt the worst of it. at the EXACT same time this other group of wrestlers are going at it and one of em throws the other for a massive takedown, right on top of my face. his shin hits my nose at 914 miles an hour andn it gets totally fucked up. that shit was bleeding for like 20 minutes and it was bleeding so much it was running down my throat. it hurt a month afterwards. ouch.

15. Playing tag with my brother when we where kids and he went to tag me and i fell hit my chin on a chair and bit into my tongue , dam near bit it off had to get a bunch of stitches in it. then as soon as i walked out of the hospital the stitches broke and had to turn around and get stiched up again.

16. the worst was probably having a hemorrhaged surgery site torn open and repaired while i was awake. Goddamned Canadian healthcare system, but thats another thread altogether.... I'd just had a tumor removed from my lower abdomen and they didn't stitch the site correctly. I came to after the surgery and felt very strange. They monitored me, but everything seemed within the normal range. I mentioned i was incredibly cold, so the nurse went to get me a heated blanket. She came back and pulled the sheets back to put it against my skin and i was covered in blood. They rushed about 15 people in right away and opened me back up immediately to stop the hemorrhage. Thats one disgusting feeling, having someone elses hands inside of your own body while you're conscious.

I've had a few other bad ones too. I ruptured three of my spinal discs and slowly paralyzed myself as well. The back and leg pains Heatherly was mentioning were very similar, so i can certainly sympathize, I'm sorry you're having such a tough time with pain right now.

Another was ploughing into a half-ton truck at 100km/h. That sucked pretty bad. it was more of a muscular pain than the other two, so its almost a separate thing in my head. None were too much fun though, thats for sure.

17. I can definately empathise with some storys, mine would be when I was In hospital and had like 3 ops. to remove the lower section of my lung when i woke a few hours after the last one and the epijural numbed the wrong side so was on basic painkillers, with two 9inch drains in my chest.. trust me it was horrible esspecially when the nurses are accusing you of exagerating..apologies on the poor spelling

18. I had my hand setting on a table, with for some reason my pinkie finger curled up. So the first "digit" was flat on the table. My friend for some reason decided it would be a good idea to smash it with his geometry book. It basically crushed my pinkie. Man that hurt for like 2 months afterwards.

It's still all crooked.

19. I have two stories.

1. I was 6 and I was standing on top of an old laundry hamper that had broken plastic in places... I was young and had just got done going to the bathroom so i had no pants or underwear on and the reason I was standing on the hamper was because I thought I heard my dad coming home from work so I was peering out the window. All of a sudden the laundry hamper collapsed and I fell down and my shaft got caught on the broken plastic and basically got ripped in half, and was only holding together by a few threads of skin or whatever it was. We had to wait for my grandma to get to our house so she could drive me and my mom to the hospital, because my mom couldnt drive as she had to hold my shaft together...

2. I stabbed my finger with a scalpel, and didnt think anything of it because it was a fairly small cut (thin) and didnt seem to deep and didnt bleed to long. So I went to work as a dish washer and worked for 6 hours with this open cut with no bandage. At the end of the night I realized that my finger was getting stiff and stiffer and starting to hurt. So I went to my girlfriends house still thinking nothign of it, by the time I got there it was so painful I couldnt move it at all. I pride myself on trying to be one of those feel no pain people so I was standing there like on the verge of tears from the pain, and finally said I had to go home. I drive a stick shift and the wound was on my right hand, which i shift with, so on the way home it was so painful that tears were streaming down my face the whole way (15 min drive). Got home and convinced my mom that I really had to go to the hospital, we got there and soon found out that I had pierced my tendon and nerve tubes and they had filled with fluid and had a small infection already( from the dirty dishes im guessing). Lots of morphine tho.. it was great!!

Kinda long sorry...

20. kidney stone worst pain ever and no matter what you do nothing helps atleast i didnt have to piss it out it was the size of a bullet they cut that shit outta my stomach