Worst job youve ever had?

Discussion in 'General' started by bussin420, Feb 12, 2016.

1. What is the worst job you've ever had? And share some funny smoking before or during work stories.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. My worst job is bussing at the restaurant, sucks. Best smoking at work story was when me and a friend worked at a mini golf course and on a rainy day we scavenged the place to make bong with just stuff there. GBed out of a trash bag filled with water.

3. community service sucked. ,did 500,hours for them.hos.
    But all my jobs were pretty good. My father always encourage me to enjoy my job...not just work
    Surveying work kinda suxk. Had to work in 100+weather. While it rains. In the rain and cold
    But everyone smoked so it was kool

4. I worked at a small tavern for a few weeks. the kitchen manager was a moron and would get mad at me because he didn't know how to place stock orders properly. He started screaming at me one day so I blew a handful of flour in his face and said good luck and quit.

I worked in a kitchen for almost 10 years. It sucked, but I was paid really well and after a while everything became so routine I could come into work hammered or with no sleep and still rock it out.

[SUB][/SUB]<sup></sup><del></del>But man I'm horrible in a kitchen high. I just can't focus and forget the dumbest shit.
    I hotboxed a car with a co worker on our lunch break. It was a Monday, I was on a double, and I figure why not it's going to be slow anyhow.

I was wrong. The ticket machine starts going nuts spitting out orders. And I just stared at it. Normally I'd knock out a rush like it's no ones business.

But according to my partner in crime in that kitchen, I just stared at the machine like it was talking to me. I was mesmerized by it. Luckily he carried our line without me and just had me do stocks and what not. It cost me a lot of beer paying him back.

I never smoked before or during work again. I drank plenty. I did a lot of things we aren't aloud to talk about a few times. I'm just not one of those people who get shit done high I guess.

5. Gentlemans fluffer!

Sent from my SM-T210 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  6. door to door canvasser

7. Same here.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

8. Every job I've ever had somehow ended up being the worst. Some people don't like being told what to do .. like meeee [​IMG]

But yeah.. You can always work hard to get a better job. It's your own damn fault if you can't.

Seriously though, the worst job I've ever had was in fast food. I was a lot happier working in construction. Fast food is by far more humiliating than working in construction. At least if you work in construction, you get a work-out.. and you get to come home feeling good about what you accomplished.

In fast food there is no sense of accomplishment, whatsoever. Maybe you'll get a clap for being able to make 100 burgers in 1 hour as opposed to 10, but haha ! Nice try, you'll still get paid the same. So why bother?

• Like Like x 1
  9. I was 13 and got a job at burger king. I showed up my first day and was placed in the fucking bun toaster; my job was literally only frying buns and putting them in a bin. After about 30 minutes I realized my whole day and every day after would be like that... I went to the bathroom, changed into my normal clothes and walked out the back door. Some old bag frying burgers was like "duhhhhhhh.... Where are you going??"

I didn't reply, I just left and walked 10 miles home

Fuck fast food

• Like Like x 3
  10. Door to door sales and working with violent mentally handicapped men in a particular home. I've talked about it like a broken record on this forum, no need to go indepth.

11. Worst job was at an aluminum anodizing factory. I did the night shift and watched over aluminum panels move through an automatic spray booth. The thing is, the booth's ventilation system was not working properly so paint and chemical fumes lingered in my work space a little too long. I was constantly dry retching and the Supervisor cared not. I quit after the second shift.

12. 15 yrs old, saturday morning fast food gig.

🐜

13. worked at a place selling cctv and other surveillance equipment.
    It was literally a few minutes walk from my house in Los angeles.
    Bunch of foreign dudes yelling at each other (and me), trying to sell parts and security systems.
    I worked for a week and never came back.

also worked at a 99 cent store in south Los angeles.
    goddamn the cheap ghettos that live there.
    Only stupid people shop at these places.

14. Bussing tables, shit was annoying how you have to please everyone's needs. The workers were cool, had a buddy who sold me edibles and had his medical card. Other than the job sucked, constant hustling all the time and there was a douchebag waiter who raged if everything wasn't done his way, he ended up getting fired which was funny but I quit afterwards.

15. Working at a family run restaurant. At the time I thought it was pretty great, I usually made decent tips as a waiter etc

But once I moved on to something else, and then (now) moved on to a great job at a greenhouse, I realise how fucked that job was.

Constant stress, never ever excited to go in to work (more like dreaded it). I realise that I developed an association of being busy and being stressed, like Pavlov's goddamn dog - my heart rate would shoot up, that sort of thing if we got busy. I'd be working my ass off for unappreciative customers and management, already swamped with a bunch of shitty tables, and then they would tell me they're seating me a table of eight or something. And every table NEEDED to get complimentary, bottomless chips and salsa, right away... then the manager would say some dick comment about needing to clean my tables faster or something. Fuck off dude, you guys sat me a big party while I was already busy! The head honcho was a Mercedes driving ex-Frat boy type whose father owned the chain.. you know the kind of guy. Often nice and friendly, but really at his core, one of those guys.

The turning point of it all was when I was changing into my ugly work uniform before a shift, and overheard my manager shit talk me behind my back to a fake-hippy coworker because he didn't know I was in the bathroom they were standing by.. then cheerfully said hi to me five minutes later, after I took my sweet ass time getting ready. Two faced prick. I really stopped caring about that job after that, and helped myself to a couple nicknacks as a quiet 'fuck you' for talking behind my back.

• Like Like x 2
  16. I had temp job with a moving company. It sucked ass. Brutal work in hot weather with an ass clown supervisor.

• Like Like x 2
  17. worst job: canvassing like others. Did a one day job from a craigslist posting that needed immediate canvassers. Once I found out what the job was I was "let go" the next day.... lol
    easiest job: unemployment. Shitty that I had no job to go to, but biweekly getting money for doing nothing made me extra lazy and enjoy weed a little more than if I actually had to do anything.