Worst job you have ever had?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by bazookatooth59, Jan 31, 2014.

1. Worst job ive ever had was working at a small pizza place called Bosses Pizza. It was a privately owned place and it blew. they always played fuckin country music and there was memorabilia on the walls and shit. My managers were cool as fuck but they are dicks at times but it gets when it gets busy it sucks because people always order the hardest fuckin pizza to make but when im not making pizza im washing dishes or grating cheese and i always smelt like greasy dish water it sucked  

2. My first job I worked at a Hampton inn. Not at the hotel, but right beside it on the owners house. He was Indian I could barely understand him and my job was gardening type shit. I had to call every night at around 930 pm to see if and when I work the next day. Had to tell them I couldn't work one day they wanted to know why I told them job interview. I needed a job with an actual fucking schedule. They never let me come back. My next job was at a long john silvers. This job was also complete bullshit. I was a closer and there would usually only be 2 people closing the store. We closed at 9 and they expected you to be able to have all of your shit done and leave at 9. They knew this was impossible so they trained everyone to actually clock out at 9 and continue your closing shit for free until you were done which could be 45 min at times. I caught on to this being total bullshit and started clocking out when I was finished working. They couldn't fire me for not working for free so my hours were cut to one 4 or 5 hr shift a week, then one every 2 weeks. It got to the point where I wasn't used to working and could not keep up with new things on the menu and how to cook and prepare them because I worked so rarely. They used that reason to fire me. They also paid us in cash only which was weird. You would go in and they would have you sign your check then give it back to them and they'd pay you in cashSent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Having been kind of fired from 2 jobs this makes it impossible for me to get a job because I seem like a shitty worker. And how can you get experience to put on applications when you can't get a job? You can't. So I have been fucked financially because of asshole past employers. I work at Wendy's now though and thank god my blessed mother pays a lot if my expenses and will pay for me to go to schoolSent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. I worked at a pallet shop once. Twice actually.
    minimum wage and was made to meet a unreasonably high production number every day. It'd the lowest of low job you can get in my town.
    I literally worked with a murderer, and the rest smoked dope or shot H in the bathrooms. I saw this every day at work. So I mean, I could get high on breaks and stuff, but I worked with the most deadbeat stupid hick fucks you've ever seen.
    the forklift driver kept setting huge amounts of pallets on fire, and these dumb motherfuckers would whisper around that I was doing it.
    so I quit, and they caught dude a few weeks later. Bet they feel real stupid now

5. I worked in a foundry, we cast grey and ductile iron.

Hot is not even the word for it. pour that shit at 3,000 degrees on a hot day.

I did that shit for 2 years, I needed to have my head examined. I did make big bucks though.

6. Working at a slow restaurant. I worked as a host, and I'd end up picking shifts for half the people who'd call in. Someday's I'd work from 10 in the morning till 12 at night, and one day they told me they couldn't pay me for 2 hours of the shift because I went over on hours. I tried to leave but I was told I'd be fired if I did. So I worked two hours for free. And the entire time I'd be doing jobs for other people because I had jack shit to do because of how slow business was. Goddamn was it a bad job.

7.  I almost did the same thing.  I tried to, but they were racist as fuck, and the dude i applied to told me to show up.  So i show up, and I'm not scheduled.  The dumb whore at the desk wouldnt even let me use the phone to call for a ride, until i mumbled "immigration".

So then I'm waiting outside, pissed off that i was just denied a shitty job because of my skin color, and watching drove after drove of fucking illegals march in just made me more furious.  Fucking like a warehouse outta ABQ owned by gustavo fring.

So then they call me back a week later, and offer me a job, I could tell they were scared shitless of me, because she kept insisting that i take the offer, and i cursed the POS out.  Last thing i heard, they got busted for hiring illegals and the dude that denied me got slammed with a class-action lawsuit by previous white people that were denied.  He's probably gay for pay, by now.

8. [quote name="smokehound" post="19440847" timestamp="1391170253"] I almost did the same thing. I tried to, but they were racist as fuck, and the dude i applied to told me to show up. So i show up, and I'm not scheduled. The dumb whore at the desk wouldnt even let me use the phone to call for a ride, until i mumbled "immigration". So then I'm waiting outside, pissed off that i was just denied a shitty job because of my skin color, and watching drove after drove of fucking illegals march in just made me more furious. Fucking like a warehouse outta ABQ owned by gustavo fring. So then they call me back a week later, and offer me a job, I could tell they were scared shitless of me, because she kept insisting that i take the offer, and i cursed the POS out. Last thing i heard, they got busted for hiring illegals and the dude that denied me got slammed with a class-action lawsuit by previous white people that were denied. He's probably gay for pay, by now.[/quote]Wow... Fuckin nuts how racist people are and discriminatory. I work in production now, and its not bad, sucks at times. But fuck are there some racist bastards that work there. White and black. Mostly just the old white guys though. There's 3 on my shift who are huge bigots, and I only work with 6 guys... Fuck. But not gonna lie, I did lol reading your story, when you used the kickass brba reference. Legendary.

9. #9 Rainy Daze, Jan 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2014
    I worked at a furniture store where me and this other dude just moved heavy ass couches around the showrooms to the the owners liking and this old bitch would follow us around all day making sure we didn't ding any furniture. The owner was just the biggest asshole I've ever met just the type that didn't give a fuck about anything but the bottom line. I only worked there for 3 days actually I walked out halfway through the day. Funny thing is the place shut down like 5 months after I quit.Oh yea I forgot about this one... I worked on a farm throughout high school and my first 6 months or so i pressure washed manure spreaders. Like giant ass ma fuckin sprayers that shoot cow shit like 20 feet in 180 degree radius or w/e. Yea I'd do that for 6 hours or so and be pretty much covered in cow shit like littlery if I didn't wear a baseball cap I'd be caked in my hair. Really do miss the farm but yea that part of the job sucked eventually I "moved up" to do better stuff.

10. Call centre offering time-share apartaments in Croatia and shit. We'd be sitting all day in a basement-like room and it was me and like 7 women repeating the same line over and over until someone agreed to a meeting. I had pretty good results, some horny cougar even told me I have a sexy voice and asked me to keep talking to her for another hour. Wonder what she might've been doing. :S I quit after 6 months because I thought I was going crazy.

Sent from a potato.

11. One job we had a penis flasher... I was one of his targets. No he didn't flash it while wearing a brown trench coat.. his story was he never wore underwear and when he would go to the bathroom he would "forget" to zip up. Several other sexual harassment instances at the same job.

Can't decide if getting sexually harassed was worse or if my other job with no 10 minute breaks (your lunch was on-duty, nice I get paid for lunch!? Except 95% of the time you didn't get one! You weren't supposed to leave the property for your lunch as well. Let's just say it effected my customer service skills. I walked off that job twice.

12. selling direct tv in sams club and best buy.

13. call center for a cable/internet provider sucked but at least it paid.

mcdonalds has to be the worst...
    they really want you to bust your ass for minimum wage.
    people always quit and screws up schedules.
    too much bullshit for not enough money.

14. An ace hardware in a shit ass pohdunck crap town. I was hired on as a janitor/sales help or whatever. Was basically just given all the shit jobs none of the other workers would work.

While there I got screamed at and threatened multiple times. Makes sense since people usually only go there when their shit is broken and are already mad.

One guy was trying to return a sprinkler he'd bought the year before and they didn't make it anymore. Guy was yelling at me to back away because I was trying to help him find another sprinkler like it. The guy raised his arms like he was gonna pummel me but I just backed away too quick.

Another time I had to go load up some bags of concrete for these homely looking mofawkas. I was the only one to do this because no one else would.

Anyways, I go out and unlock the gate to the yard out back and this beat up POS rapey looking van pulls in. Two fat bros get out and start loading up the more expensive concrete that they didn't pay for. I tell them they can't take that shit because they paid for the cheap stuff. Then one of them got up in my face and blocked me out. This guy was easily hundred and fifty pounds bigger than me.
    Needless to say I backed up this time too and watched 'em load up. When I went back in everyone was like"wow are you okay?" And shit because I had kept my radio going the whole time so everyone heard and knew what happened.

That was like the only time the manager didn't give me a hard time and sympathized with me. But that kind of shit ain't worth seven wing wangs an hour.

Ended up leaving because they complained I didn't come into work on days I had gotten off for a trip two weeks in advance. Well, that and I was sick of picking up potbellied pig shit the owner kept in her office.

15. Before I toodled on up to BYU in Utah I attended a local college to get my prerequisites out of the way.  I worked my way through college at a convenience store between Farmington and Shiprock.   There is no alcohol allowed on the reservation so people would drink in town and and then drive home.   A lot of these drinkers made that store a pit stop.  I worked the graveyard shift and spent a lot of my time cleaning up, vomit, shit, piss, sometimes semen, blood, spit, snot and every other bodily fluid imaginable.   

The women were the worst.  I won't go into detail but I absolutely dreaded cleaning the women's bathroom.  It seemed that personal hygiene was a fluke rather than the norm.  I finally quit when I got into three way fist fight with a couple of drunks.  I ended up dislocating my shoulder and told the boss, "Fuck this job and fuck you!"  and I walked out.  Best decision of my life.  

16. Exactly why I would never work in fast food. Too many turn overs and that can get ugly fast.

17. The worst job I've had is "detasseling". Do any of you live in the midwest? You guys probably know what this is.

They hire 14 year old kids to do this. You wake up at 3am, your parents drive you to a parking lot and you get on a bus full of other 14 year old kids. You ride the bus for about 2 to a huge corn farm very far away. When you get there, it's still dark and and all of the corn plants are completely wet, dripping with morning dew. You then start walking down rows of corn and "detassel" them. You pull the tassel off each one, by hand. You get drenched in dew, your clothes are sopping wet, your hands are cut and bloody, and the worst is if you don't pay attention and a sharp corn stalk leaf cuts you in your eyeball - that hurts a lot. So you do this until about 4pm, and the bus takes you back home.

That's 12 hours of work per day for a 14 year old kid. When I was 14, I started the summer with $0 and at the end of the summer, I made $3,500 - I felt so damn rich as a 9th grader that school year.

18. You dealt with a lot of bullshit, but you had to so you could better your life. Much respect.

19. Overnights at an unregulated walmart with no oversight.

Was run by gang members, drug dealers. Broke every law there was. Left 100s of thousands of dollars unattended. Locked us in the store. People fucked in the bathrooms, did drugs in there. They mixed ammonia and bleach (mustard gas) during a remodel and almost killed everybody. Managers dropped in the store from meth abuse.

I even exploited a boss i caught fucking an employee on the store managers desk to get my family jobs. Was a dirty place. Humiliating. Everyone had mental problems. This store is in the middle of nowhere. We worked nights, were forced to wirk off the clock. Lotsa people stole everything you can imagine.

They never used the clean up shit. Just poured every kind of chemical down the drain. I got smart, started finding legal ways to get the store closed/changed. Was fired for selling a "substance" on store property. Was all bs. I had refused to do computer work for my crooked boss for free who was having affairs with teenage girls so he wrote up a buncha bs and fired me.

Went straight to college. Later sued them and won! Worked out in the end.