Worst Days Of My Life So Far :/

Discussion in 'General' started by TheTrippyKind, Jun 25, 2014.

1. So last night I was on my way to drop my friends off at home and ended up accidentally running a blinking red light, get pulled over, cop smells it asks to hand it over, give him two pipes and empty bag, searches car finds ~9 gs of weed under passenger seat, scales, bags, and my grinder and mason jar. Get taken into station asks who I got stuff from, I tell him random name in random part of town weed and scale isnt mine, he tells me to call a number and the guy will "have me do a favor and help me out". Called next day and guy said to go to police station after noon tomorrow and ask to speak with drug enforcement team called NAT (I live in Illinois). Id rather just face the charges he wrote down for me which were possession of paraphernalia and possession of cannabis but the thing is I never had to pay bail or sign any papers. Why didnt I have to pay? Are they waiting until I dont help them and then theyre gonna change the charges to fuck me over?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Id really appreciate some feedback I just turned 18 last week and this is seriously the last thing I want to deal with

3. #3 snoopdog6502, Jun 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2014
    They jacked your stash and I bet they took it home and smoked it.

Did they send you home with papers saying you were charged or a court date? If not fuck em, the cops jacked your shit.

You was robbed!

4. kid, talk to a fucking lawyer for christs sake.

5. The most important thing for you to know is not to EVER talk to the police. Nothing you tell them can help you in court (it's hear-say). Everything you tell them will be used against you. Wait it out. See what they come back with. They don't give a fuck about you and they don't want to help you out. They want to make a big bust and get promoted and they are not above using you to do it.

6. Despite the new medical marijuana law, Illinois' marijuana penalties remain harsh, and the state has the fifth highest arrest rate for marijuana possession in the nation. Penalties range from jail sentences of up to 30 days and a fine of up to $1,500 for possession of less than 2.5 grams of marijuana (about one-tenth of an ounce) to upwards of three years in prison and up to $25,000 in fines for possession of more than 30 grams. A study by the ACLU found that there were nearly 50,000 marijuana possession arrests in Illinois in 2010, and despite similar marijuana use rates, blacks are 7.6 times as likely to be arrested for marijuana possession in Illinois as whites.

Meanwhile, 75% of Chicago murders went unsolved in 2012. Some cities provide relief to Illinois' high penalties by giving officers the option to cite offenders and punish possession of small amounts with a fine only. In June 2012, Chicago joined that list when Mayor Emmanuel approved an ordinance allowing officers to cite those in possession of 15 grams or less. Violators in the Windy City face fines of $200-500 if they are charged under city - not state - law. Results of these programs are mixed, however, and the law is not being applied equally around the state according to the Roosevelt University report.
    If you were arrested for the possession of a modest amount of marijuana and might be interested in speaking out, please email state@mpp.org.

7. Bro, just keep your mouth shut and have them make the first move. You're 18 so money might be tight but getting a lawyer will help you. DO NOT let the cops boss you around. They know you're 18 and probably have a clean/semi-clean record and they are just trying to scare you into helping them make this huge imaginary bust.

Mouth shut. Get lawyer. Fuck cops.

answer me this. was there any records taken while you were at the station? fingerprints? you said you signed no papers... did they take your ID? put your info into a computer? arrest records are public. check to see if there was a record you were arrested. what happened to your car? they tow it? impound it?

your story is pretty shaky bro. more details pls.

9. Well I think I was not arrested I was detained and questioned and released. They took fingerprints and mugshots and he held onto my id for a minute but they let my friend drive my car home. Im thinking theyre just trying to cut me a break because i just turned 18 and graduated and never been in any sort of trouble. But at the same time theyre trying to get me to rat. The officer told me "heres a number you can call and try to get this off your record. He'll have you do a favor of some kind. If you decide not to call these are the charges youll be facing in court" and handed me a pink paper that says notice to appear in court for possession of cannabis and possession of paraphernalia. The NORML site has given me a smidge of hope that this wont be too bad. http://norml.org/laws/item/illinois-penalties

10. A lawyer would have been the first thing I thought about if I had the money for it. Been looking for a job for a while now. Even applied twice at some places.

11. Pretty easy "Worst day.'

You were not formally charged, least not from what you have said...Which is strange, but not unheard of, just rare.  But it is Illinois, and it isn't like the cops there have a rep on the rise for being law-abiding citizens. :cool:

12. That is true. Idk man its a sketchy situation.

13. #13 Full-Time Mexican, Jun 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2014

a lot of lawyers will give a free initial consultation. look in the back of high times for a list of pot-friendly lawyers in your city.

so i see they did put you in the system. well... looks like you're semi-fucked. it's either take the "charge" or rat someone out and fuck up their life. since it's a ticket it can't be anything worse than a class "C" misdemeanor. i've had one on my record since 2008. it's never held me back. don't sweat it kid. just bite the bullet. you fucked up, don't make someone else pay.

note for next time: "I refuse to answer any and all questioning. I refuse any illegal searches or seizures. I would like the presence of your sergeant and an attorney immediately."

Yes you are in the system, call.. then say you scored it from a biker named Eddy who hangs out at the local biker dive bar. Hes 6 feet tall with lots of tattoos and piercings.

LOL

yeah you could always just bullshit. but i don't think they'll drop charges against you unless the investigation is fruitful against a distributor. so SOMEONE is gonna get fucked here. will it be you? should be. you fucked up. not to say you deserve it... im sure you're a great guy. but YOU made the mistake while driving OP. sorry bucko.

16. For the record I was never going to rat. I would never wish this upon another person.

17. Although it certainly may seem like the worst days of your life it'll be alright. For a first time offender you will more than likely get a diversionary program where you'll have to pay some fines, do some community service, and some probation time and then once all that's complete it will be expunged from your record. You'll get through it.

18. They're definitely going to try to get you to set up a deal with your supply. I had the same thing happen years ago in Illinois. They try to travel up the chain like that. My house was raided because of someone informing on me in the same way. They actually wore a wire, left with money from the police, bought from me, then brought the weed back to the cops. He did all of this just get out of some minor charges... It was all in the police report, minus his name. That gave them cause to get a warrant on me. Once they got me, they tried to get me to do the same to my guy. When I refused to take part, they formally arrested me and charged me with everything. Scummy fucker that got what was coming in the end though. And so will you if you snitch.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

19. This. Even if you have to go to mom and dad get a lawyer. It will make the process all that much easier. When I went through ARD ( same deal diff name) the non lawyer people ended up having to pay a fine anyway that cost about as much as a lawyer.

20. You from pa? I was on ARD as well. It sucks but getting it off your record is worth it, especially in this job market.