Worst anti-marijuana arguments

Discussion in 'General' started by Yogurt, Nov 5, 2009.

1. #1 Yogurt, Nov 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2009
    :confused:What are some of the worst, FUNNIEST, anti-marijuana arguments you have heard or know about? (Other than it's bad for you, it kills brain cells, it's a gateway drug, etc.)

UNUSUAL ONES.

Some of the ones given to me:

How is it natural to stick a plant in your mouth? IT'S NOT!!
    Apparently they have not yet eaten a fruit or vegetable.

You laugh a lot when you're high, and insane people laugh too. So marijuana makes you insane.

Post more :D:smoking:

2. I was debating pot with my mom one day. And she was going on some tear about weed making you hallucinate and asking why would someone want that all the time. I explained that I wouldn't want to stay like that all the time. Then I asked if she still knew any of her old hook-ups.

3. Marijuana Kills Brain Cells
    no, this whole notion was created by government propaganda based on a study conducted with monkeys based on smoking 30 joints/day. Rather than giving the monkeys periodic puffs of joints, the scientists put a gas mask on them for 5 minutes and pumped 30joints worth of smoke into their lungs, without oxygen. The monkeys suffocated due to lack of oxygen because they were only breathing smoke, so when the brain is deprived of oxygen brain cells die and then you die, so when the monkeys died and they did an autopsy, they found dead brain cells and came to the conclusion that marijuna kills brain cells.

4. in senior year of high school we had a mock congress class project in social studies. each group would find something they would like to make illegal or legal, and then the whole class would vote on it. one group advocated legalizing pot. when they made their presentation, this one dumb ass stands up and says, "why would you want to smoke something that makes you want to kill people?" pretty sure she almost cried from the entire class, including the teacher, laughing at her. most everyone voted to legalize it haha

5. poor monkeys :(

6. MArijuana is the most violence causing drug known to man

Marijuana is an addictive drug which produces in its users insanity, criminality, and death.

Marijuana causes cancer

7. Marijuana has over 400 chemicals in it.

A cop of coffee has over 1000.

8. all of the arguments against weed are dumb. unless you are an athlete and smoking anything is just bad for anything else is retarded and people are jsut products of the drug war they just dont know it yet.

9. By far the worst argument against marijuana is the people who simply say "It's illegal so you shouldn't do it"

10. On the flip side, talking about weed being natural is one of the worst arguments you can make in favor of weed.

11. Marijuana leads to harder drugs.

12. Oh yeah, and REEFER MADNESS. The whole movie.

13. "It makes you stupid"

I blaze every day before school and I have straight A's.:smoking:

14. it's bad for you.

15. "Marijuana is illegal because its responsible for so much crime"

The only reason crime is associated with marijuana is because people are forced to get it on the black market. Legalizing eliminates all the danger that surrounds marijuana.

16. Easily this, as if governments are infallible and their decisions should never be questioned.

17. "It's a drug, and that's why it's illegal"

This is the one that always gets to me. The people who always use this argument are the one's who drink alcohol, smoke cigarettes and pop all these pharmaceuticals for reasons even they don't know.

18. #18 dominicano, Nov 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2009
    Haha its true. As a neuroscience student, I've learned that there are a looot of drugs, especially in common things. You take pain reliever? DRUG. You take something to help you go to sleep? DRUG. You sip some coffee or coke? DRUG. It's funny how the name "drug" has so many bad connotations with it.

My favorite argument is that weed kills brain cells. The same girl who said this to me binge drinks practically every weekend. The irony is pretty depressing for me. It's just really sad how marijuana is portrayed to the unknowing public. The government and anti-drug websites are doing a great job of feeding BS to the masses cause they are buying it. Basically, because weed is illegal it is deemed much worse than alcohol when it really isn't at all.

19. Yea, exactly, I know so many people who drink every weekend and take all these medications for their "ADD", eat junk food. But as soon as they hear weed, they act like health freaks. I hope the government knows how much damage they are causing by lying to kids about drugs.

20. "It's devils grass makes you do the devils bidding."