Worship

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by 46and2with420, May 1, 2012.

1. What is worship to you?

How easy is it to worship something?

How much do we worship unconsciously?

What happens when we worship something?

Is worship necessary?

Is worship healthy?

What kind of repercussions come from worship?

Just some topic starters. Lets discuss!

Peace, love, & light:smoke:

2. [quote name='"46and2with420"']What is worship to you?

How easy is it to worship something?

How much do we worship unconsciously?

What happens when we worship something?

Is worship necessary?

Is worship healthy?

What kind of repercussions come from worship?

Just some topic starters. Lets discuss!

Peace, love, & light:smoke:[/quote]

Extremely easy to worship things people do every day.

Unconsciously I think people in take so much worship they don't even realize.

I think when we worship something we transfer our energy to them. Basically your putting that thing above yourself, the value of yourself.

I do not think worship is necessary, I think it is possible to stop doing.

I'm not sure if worship is healthy but it can defiantly be unhealthy.

The repercussions of worship Are claimed to be good but who knows. I'm gonna take a step back and see where this goes for a sec.

3. I agree I think we unconsciously worship things everyday... Women, cars, clothes, money.....
    Now that I think of it, almost all worship these days happens unconsciously...

These days worshiping is completely accepted and actually praised...
    As a kid I remember many times being asked who my idol was.
    Idolizing is defently a form of worship...

4. Oh yeah man and think I how many of us do it willing without even thought of it.

5. I worship the earth.

6. How so?

and why?

7. Worshipping the earth can't be bad though, after all, we don't call her ~Mother Earth~ for nothing. Many people feel she has a consciousness of her own. So why not worship her?

8. I agree it does not seem bad. But dont you think that worshiping anything disrupts balance?

And I agree that she has her own consciousness. I think all we need to respect it is give back what we take, creating balance.

9. If people have to worship something better it be the earth than some man-made deity religion. But I agree. Worshipping anything puts you into a certain state of mind that ultimately stops you from connecting with your inner truth.

10. Blades A'salam'u alaikum
    The greeting of peace.

type my answers to your questions. My answers will be directly coming from a book. So citing is possible. The words of this book hold substantial weight, so much so that if they were revealed to a rocky mountain you would see the mountain tremble and shake.

How easy to worship?
    excessively worshipful people will claim attaining peace

Unconscious worship?
    our breathing and our hearts and every tree and every plant and every bird and the rolling of day and night all testify to the Oneness of Creator.

"Whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth is exalting Allah . To Him belongs dominion, and to Him belongs [all] praise, and He is over all things competent." Quran Surah Taghabun 64:1

We are either worshiping our desires or something else, so Allah tells us that in everything else we worship the seeker and the sought are weak. we are all seeking something. be it a degree, a paycheck, dinner, maybe a nice car, or a partner in life or a baby or status or maybe it is deeper inside, maybe we are looking for happiness or satisfaction.

Those things being sought are weak and obviously the dependent in the situation is also weak.

Nothing is worthy of our worship except Allah; independent from everything created. He is over all things competent.

happenings??
    Why don't you see for yourself. see if you feel like you are drained or refreshed. find a Mosque near you, visit them, come back if you dig it, this is your own relationship with The Most Merciful :)

worship necessary?
    :cool: if placing your forehead on the ground is not so cool to you then stay fresh homie

healthy?
    the final messenger of Allah, Prophet Muhammad is the ideal example to follow, keeping the perfect balance in life people would say about him and Prophet Jesus that they were not prophets because they went shopping in the bazaar. They dedicated as much of their attention to the remembrance of the Creator during the day time.

During the night as we know from narrations, Prophet Muhammad would stand throughout the night in worship. During the the first forty years of his life he would care and maintain the merchant life and would spend time with orphaned children. he loved people. he only saw the good in everyone and he killed em with love. happiness from the remembrance of Allah.

repercussions
    :) keep your intention only to meet Allah. :)

Quran- Surah Taghabun
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-6QQ5UoqOE"]Quran Surah Taghabun[/ame]