Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Worrying Heart Rate when High

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by youhavenoidea, Jan 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 youhavenoidea, Jan 5, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2016
    OK, So during the last two weeks I have been wearing two accurate Heart Rate monitors whilst getting high in order to observe the implications that marijuana has on my heart rate. Strangely enough, although my resting HR when sober is 55, it rises up to 148 BPM when I am high, which I find rather strange. Perhaps most worrying though is last time I got high (2 nights ago), my Heart Rate became absurdly irregular.I had about 2 cones, became half sober then had another 2 cones and my heart began behaving very strangely. It would rise from 80 BPM to 135 BPM and drop again in the space of 20 seconds, and would not be able to maintain a consistent pace. This happened consistently for about an hour until I slept it off. I know this is not down to an inaccurate reading as both HR Monitors showed the same result (within 2 BPM) so does anyone know the reasoning behind this. Any help will be gladly recieved as these readings have seriously made me question whether I should give up toking or not.

Cheers [​IMG]

2. If it bothers you that much, give it up....

3. How long have you been smoking? and if I can ask how old are you - no, really - serious questions.

4. Seek medical help from a cardiologist not grass city. The quick up and down is a HEART issue not a POT issue. Maybe it is being highlighted by the pot, Go see a doctor.

5. I would think the anxiety alone in testing your heart rate after consuming cannabis, which is know to increase your heart rate, is enough to mess up your readings.

As the above poster said, we cannot offer medical advice on Grasscity. Bear in mine the facts and if you are worried seek professional medical advice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.