Worrying about cid/shrooms

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Kikkoman, Apr 18, 2008.

1. Hey all, just though ide share something with you.

I dont think i can ever do psycodelics again :(. My first trip (and only so far) was with LSD and it went bad, i basically went to hell for an hour and my heartbeat was like 180 bpm(the rest of the time was fine though). I long for that good trip where i find out someting about this world or about nature and im basically happy for the next week or so.

But i know that if i ever do acid or try shrooms i cant help myself from worrying about things like "what if i have a bad trip","what if my heart goes so fast i have a heartattack", or "what if im stuck in this trip forever" (this quote among other things is what sent me on a downhill ride to hell the first time i was on acid, i know its like impossible bust i stil cant help thinking it). I know it is essential to be in a good mind set for a good trip, but i dont think i can ever be in a good mindset any more when it comes to psycodelics.

So to sum up, I really want to have a good trip, but i know im going to be worrying about shit and i dont think i can ever get excited about taking acid or shrooms again.

Has anyone had this same feeling? how did you get over it? maybe hallucinogens just arent for me...

2. happen to me my first time shrooming. i think the reson is i shroom before i started smoking lol. i was seriously flipping and shit when my paper started swirlin and clocks bulging out of the walls. then i started tihnkin... what are drugs. why do people do em. what is life. what am i doing here. why am i so fucked up. im fucking insane!! holy shit get me out of here!! but after my first couple times trying it. i learned to tell my self, its gonna be over its just like any other drug, it will end, just have fun..and that has save me from ending up busting out of the house and screaming till the sun wakes up. if you start fighting the bad trip thats when it will kick your ass. just relax and let it flow

i never had a bad trip on acid but i can relate with shrooms

3. Try smoking weed if weed doesn't give you anxiety, try not to smoke a big hit at first smoke a very small hit and see how it affects your trip, if you don't like it don't smoke more.

4. I forgot to metion that i smoked a few hits off a joint as i was coming up. when my 1 hour bad trip was over though i smoked a few hits of a bowl and it helped me calm down a bit. so i dunno, maybe i should use it if im about to go bad?

5. Weed will always calm you down if done in small doses during a trip (if your not a big time smoker).
    I used it on AMT and it worked fine.

6. drugs arent for everyone.

7. Don't smoke while your coming up...from experience it ruins the trip and makes it more unstable that might just be me though.

8. thats how i felt, ive always thought it but maybe smoking while comeing up was partly responsible for my bad experiance.

Oh and thanks for all your advice guys, epspecialy perpetuals. i remember when i was starting to go bad i tried to no avail to sober up (i dont know wtf i was thinking), but after realizing that i couldnt, i started to freakout that i was stuck like that forever. ill try to go with the flow more next time, just ride the trip not let the trip ride you

9. Bro just remember that it's only a drug and that it won't be like that forever.

10. ive yet to trip, but i know when i do im going to go it with a positive additude, and expect for th best. get myself really hyped up and happy.

11. ^^ That's what I do, get all excited about it, and I can't help but be happy. Usually start the day with a wake-and-bake, that helps put me in a positive mindset for the day. :hippie:

12. you'd be surprised how much stress the heart can handle.

13. i've done shrooms twice but never acid before...

is it easier to fall into a bad trip on acid or shrooms because on shrooms i really didn't think a bad trip was possible for <1/8

14. I don't think you're more likely to have a bad trip on either, just varies from person to person. The amount taken really doesn't make a difference either; an inexperienced tripped will no doubt be better off with a smaller dose but can still bug out after barely crossing the threshold. Hell, some people bug out on weed.

15. stop the bullshit.

everyone's biology is different.

there are no valid blanket statements.

16. chill the fuck out it was a question

17. Reason why i never wanna try halluciogenic shit is because I Know I won't like it. I don't see how tripping your fucking mind is out is any fun. I also have a feeling that i'd have a bad trip. I'm sticking to sizzurp, weed, alcohol, and halcions.

18. its all about mindset.

if you take acid saying to yourself "i hope this isnt a bad trip, im worried, yaddah yaddah" then YAH your going to have a bad trip.

but if you take it while SINCERELY thinking "this is going to be an AMAZING experience" then it will be.