Worrying about bud rot?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by OrangePineApple, Aug 21, 2007.

1. Hey all.

So I'm living in the Northeast and its been pretty wet out for the past 2 1/2 days now raining off and on with no real sun shinning. Tomorrow (Tuesdays) weather is 80% chance precipitation and I'm expecting much of the same. Wednesday though is supposed to clear up.

I've got 3 ladies outside. 2 are about 3ish weeks in flower (so they have noticable buds) and the final (Big Mamma) is just starting.

So I'm wondering should I be concerned about bud rot? They are in a fairly open area so they get a breeze when it blows, Its just so damn moist outside.

Thanks.:confused:

2. I have been told that using hydrogen peroxide with water in a spray botle will kill any mold and stop it from forming.

like 2 small drops of peroxide in a large spray botle of water and give it a nice mist.

AndrewBUD

3. You have a lot of time yet for flowering, its supposed to dry up in the northeast by saturday, with only t-storms off and on this week.

H202 is 1 tsp per gallon if i remember right to mist the buds for mold prevention. I think you'll be ok honestly.

4. I check on them 3 times a day just to spot anything. The buds on the 2 more developed are still pretty small maybe no more than 1" , I'm not concerned with my Big Mamma cus she is still almost nothing.

This is my first grow outdoors and I thought before-hand the rot would be my biggest concern. So I was concerned.

Thanks for your responces!

5. Are they in pots or in the ground? I'm in the northeast as well and kept mine in pots so I can move them under cover for the reason of lots of rain this year. Humidity will do it to ya too, so just keep your eyes open for it, it usually happens when the buds are thicker, and if you spot some cut it out immediately so it doesn't spread and destroy all your hard work.

6. Mine are in pot too(10, 15, 20 gallon). True I should just move them to the garage or the porch if I really start to worry. I suppose I didn't want to untie than retie them later, but your right prettybuds don't wanna "destroy all my hard work" when there were things I could have done.

Good advice guys, Thanks! I'm not too concerned now.

7. I too live in the northeast. I leave my plants outside, they have been in the rain for the past 2-3 days. Should I spray them? They seem to be fine honestly..

8. I wish i could complain about to much rain....I have the opposite issue, in not enough rain.:eek: