Worries of becoming root bound

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ismellchicken, Jul 14, 2017.

1. Hey guys, i'm on day 32 of my first real grow and i'm doing it with 3.9 gallon (15 litre) autopots. These are the final containers. My medium is 70% coco and 30% perlite. I've been LSTing the shit out of the plants so i'm not sure how tall they would be untouched. Maybe a foot?
    I was planning on flowering in 3 weeks, so that would be day 53 or so. Is that too long to wait? Would i risk getting rootbound in these 3.9 gallon autopots during flowering? What do you guys think?
    20170713_173440.jpg
    20170713_173430.jpg

2. Youll be fine. 4 gal isnt too bad for 1.5 months veg.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. Perfect. Is it at 5 weeks flowering that the roots stop growing or at least slow down quite a bit? I think that's what i read.

4. Different things for different plants i used 5 gals and wasnt close to root bound. Could gave easily done a 1 month veg in a 3 gal. 4 gal is safe.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  5. Cool, well as long as i can ride these 4 gallon pots to the end of flowering, vegging for a month and a half. One less thing to worry about. Thanks for your input.