Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Worried about the smell after cooking with bud? Never fear, a tip is here!

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by justineBTC, Apr 10, 2009.

1. #1 justineBTC, Apr 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2009
    I looked around for a similar thread but couldn't find one so here it goes...

If you have ever worried about your kitchen reeking of bud after whippin up something delectable, then here are some things you can do to minimize the smell...

1. Leave a small cup of vinegar out on a countertop.

2. Put 2 cups of water and a cup of vinegar in a pan on the stove... Simmer for 10 of 15 minutes. Repeat if needed.

3. Cut a lemon into quarters and add to a pan of water... Simmer on the stove as long as needed.

4. When all is said and done, you can put some whole coffee beans in a flat layer in a glass baking dish and stick that in the oven for about 20 minutes on about 300 degrees fahrenheit. This won't take away a lingering smell so much as it will add a nice, new one to cover up any little traces left behind.

2. thanks. im bakin stuff for 420 so thanks alot!!

3. no problem! have an awesome 4/20. whatcha makin?

4. Um... good idea and all but since it just essentially "adds a new smell to cover up" {sic} wouldn't Lysol be just as effective except that the Lysol would actually kill the other smells?

5. the coffee one just adds a new one... the first three will eliminate the smell. i forgot to mention that the reason i chose these methods was because i don't like to spray lysol in the kitchen around food surfaces. i try to avoid using spray-odorizers around my house at all in favor of incense and candles. i like doin things a lil' more naturally.

6. That sure was a lotta energy you used with 300F and 20 minutes in an oven... ;) :p

7. could been a 'touche' moment... buuuuuut i didnt say anything about conserving energy ;)

using or not using chemicals and energy consumption are entirely independent concerns.

i don't give a shit about the environment... just what i'm putting into my body.

(jaykay, i love the planet... shit's tight)

8. Good tips. I also like to avoid spraying that crap around in the kitchen. ^_^

9. i was thinkin of makin some choclate chip cookies and some kind of cake!!! happy 4/20 to you too!