Worried about the lighting

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by timstatic, Jan 7, 2017.

1. I've set up two lights, one is HPS 400 watt on the top and the second one is LED flood light hung on top in the front... The issue that I'm concerned about is if the lighting is okay and adequate. Also I want your suggestions on basis of these pictures if my plants are healthy and what stage do you think they're on and how can I get more yield out of these
    Thanks
    Don pablo
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G925F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. They are pretty darn stretchy meaning there's lots of stem between nodes. By the looks of them you'll probably need to support them with dowels if the buds get very heavy. They appear to be about the 2nd week of bloom. I would say that a 400 watt hps with some supplemental LED is good lighting for a 3x3 space for flower. You are growing a lot of plants for that amount of light. I wouldn't do more than 4 with that much light but it also depends on your training methods. It appears you're just growing the plants straight up. I would advise some LST training next crop. I'm really becoming a fan of that method for evening out the canopy and getting more tops the optimal distance to the light. Any grow method that has considerable yield is going to strive to train all the tops to an even canopy. When you grow them straight up like that only your top colas will have proper light distance. The mid and lower buds will suffer greatly from lack of light.

I would say that you're light has probably spent a good portion of the grow too far away. That has caused the considerable stretch. On the bright side your plants do look very healthy. They have good color and posture so you're doing something right. The sweet spot for light distance in HPS is quite narrow. You have to always walk the line of almost burning the main top to get enough light to the plant.

This is probably the best site on the web for basics of growing cannabis. Low Stress Training (LST) Tutorial | Grow Weed Easy
    Check out the LST article for next crop. I would consider buying a tent. You can get a 3x3 tent for $75 on ebay. It would really help contain the light and size the space to the light footprint.

This is a GDP plant I vegged for 2 months. It's 5 weeks in bud now. Notice the lack of stretch compared to yours. You really can't see the stem unless you try. 770watts of LED in a 4x4 bud tent.
    [​IMG]

3. Your containers are too small, which translates to insufficient nutrients for your plants which is a factor with your plants being lanky and thin. What type of soil are they in? Cannabis prefers a very well draining medium with plenty of nutrients and room to stretch their roots.

Keep doing what you're doing and get through this grow. In the meantime do some reading and prep harder for your next garden.

I personally recommend reading in the organic section to get yourself a very low maintenance garden with no need for additional bottled nutrients, no need to check and adjust pH etc etc - just keep moist from start to finish with tap water.
    Easy Peasy - but I'm biased.

J