Worried about my plant

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Lucas0429, Oct 31, 2017.

1. Hey guys sorry if I don't know the correct forum etiquette but I'm new to this I have a plant and assume it's Swazi gold it's been growing for about a month now and I'm worried that it's run into a nitrogen deficiency because growth has slown from about a month ago she's also about 14"[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my WAS-LX2 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Looks like an iron deficiency.

[​IMG]

"The main symptoms of a cannabis iron deficiency are:

• Newest leaves are completely yellow when they first grow in

• The bright yellow (almost white looking) color on new growth is the signature sign of an iron deficiency.

• Sometimes the affected yellow leaves are so damaged they're beyond recovery. Other times the yellow parts of the leaves may begin to turn green as the plant continues to grow, starting from the tips and moving in toward the base of each leaf

• Eventually an entire leaf can become green and relatively healthy looking, even though it started out completely yellow from an iron deficiency. The ability of yellow leaves to eventually turn green is another signature of an iron deficiency, because for most other nutrient deficiencies any yellow leaves can't truly turn green again." How to Fix a Cannabis Iron Deficiency | Grow Weed Easy

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thank you read up on it now and will come back to it if the problem isn't resolved

4. Cool. Good luck. :)

Certainly looks like an iron deficiency, rather than a nitrogen deficiency. The new growth looks almost white, which is a dead giveaway to me.

I had the same issue with my plants, except not nearly as white. Mine was just pale yellow. I upped my GH CaliMagic (it has iron in it) and the new growth greened up in about a day. I grow in DWC so the effect was faster than that of soil/coco.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yea actually I'm using nitrosol and bone meal for my plant but that's about it

6. Its root bound and has probably depleted the soil

7. Id lean towards root bound, or at least id start there. First rule of problem solving when growing anything, start at the 1. 1 is your container, is the container big enough for the size plant your growing . 2 is next your substrate/ growth meduim , is it dry , wet or waterlogged? Do you water on your schedule or the plants schedule ( Soil is dry 1 inch below the surface ) 3 is your ph , is your ph in check . I only as a suggestion advise you to transplant to a bigger pot , check ur ph and wait a week for recovery before addin more stuff to ur soil in its current pot. Good luck to your adventure

• Like Like x 2
  8. Great advice, right here. Process of elimination.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  9. Thanks again for the help guys I'll test the pH according to a few sites that might be where my problems are resonating from

10. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

11. I'm underestimated the importance of Ph levels for my first grown and it majorly impacted my plant performance. I learnt that hard way that getting the simple things right is the most important!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

12. Hello everyone. I recently discovered that mixing nutrients by the label isn't enough. I'm using a ppm meter and having way better results. Or actually I'll say as far as using advanced nutrients the label mixing instructions isn't enough. I mixed all my nute s up and tested it and it was only 452 ppm. I'm on week 6 with this tangerine dream auto from Barneys farm so I'm mixing at 1600 ppm now and she's really starting to explode. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk