worried about my babies...

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by tom1338, May 2, 2010.

1. I have started growing for the first time this year, I am going to be growing outdoors however I am starting my sprouts off indoors until they are large enough to go out.

I started my seeds on saturday last week and they all germinated within 24 hours, once they had taproots i moved them into peat pots to start off with and put them into the gro-box i have made..(more on that in a bit)

They have grown well i think, but out of the 5 plants only 4 are flourishing. the other one seems to have closed up and shrunk down. It started off bent over and it not straight even now.

I don't know what to do. I have put the peat pots into one litre pots filled with a mix of seed and cutting compost and perlite and given them some seaweed extract today.

Could it be the box?

It is a medium sized plastic chest with two 75watt cfl's and one 100watt cfl. It has two fans attached to it, one blowing in one blowing out and its lined with tin foil (Mylar seemed a bit of a waste of $$$$ for a four week stint in the box.)

Any help is appreciated :cool::smoke:

2. so you got a problem from 1 and 4 are flourishing. What's the problem? as for the box, mylar and foil are both metalic but mylar reclects 95%+ of light and foil reflects only 55% or less. Flat white reflects 85% lights wich is the best for money and ease.

i really cant help you on the runt but if things dont get better you could use is as a test subject. Poke a needle through the stem and see if it heals or dies. Out of my grow, my best plant was one that was in a can opposed to the rest being in peat pots. I think it was cause the pots dry out to fast while the can would stay moist but drain. also the one in the can got injured at the ground level on the stalk in it's first week. it was bruised, rotting looking, ready to break. The plant could not stand up. I thought it would end up dieing and now it's 4-5 times bigger than the rest of it's sisters.

3. im pretty sure mylar is 85% and flat white it 95%.

4. Thanks 8ishop for giving me some hope with it.. I have found the peat pots to dry out very quickly aswell. I have moved the peat pots into the 1L pots and covered with soil so it shouldn't be a problem. They are also closer to the lights now aswell so my fingers are keeping crossed.

Hopefully it will prove me wrong and grow HUGE:eek: